*OFFICIAL* CC Group Cruise 02/15/2014 Cupid's IV Southern Caribbean - Carnival Breeze

HeidiHo

The trip to our accountant takes just about 2 hours one way. We are so used to driving long distances, because we live in such an isolated area. A 2 hour drive doesn't seem like much. Every time we go to Eugene for a Duck game, it's a 4 hour one way trip. To get to Bend, where the kids live, is 2 1/2 hours. It's just the price we pay for living in the boonies!

We had lunch at a Hawaiian bar-b-q place, Kahlua pork & teriyaki garlic chicken with rice and mac salad. These Hawaiian "plate lunch" places are very popular here in Oregon and are super delish! We brought home KFC for dinner because we were done early with the accountant & it was way too early for dinner. We were home by 5:30.

We had a little snow yesterday on the way to Klamath, but dried up halfway there. The roads were bare coming home. We're used to driving in snow, but it's always better to have dry highway!

Good afternoon Cupids,

It has finally turned cool here. No snow thank goodness.

Sue, never been to a Hawaiian BBQ place. Sounds interesting.

I posted a pdf on FB of the deck plan for the Breeze. All the decks fit on 2 pages or you can print them back to back. I don't have enough memory left in CC to post it here and don't know haw to remove attachments.

Dave

Good Evening.

Today has been a sad day. Things got very bad for our kitty a couple of days ago but she continued to hang on. The vet came out this afternoon and put her down. I was really hoping she would go on her own but it wasn't to be. I'm glad it's over though.

Not much else is going on.

Have a good night.

Heidiho Sorry to hear about your cat The loss of a pet is very hard to deal with.

Cruzing Dave Janet and I met you at the bar before the day of the cruise. The place was so packed we had to sit outside on the bar stools. You were the group leader on that cruise.

Just got back to Raleigh nc from a short tips to the mountains. Very pretty.

Heidi, the passing of a family pet is heart breaking. You are in our thoughts tonight. I know how hard it is to lose a friend that gave so much love to your family.

Joy, I do remember you and have a picture somewhere. I haven't been to NC in several years. My brother has a place at Kitty Hawk and we have spent several vacations there. Love the Blueridge Mountains.

Dave

Heidi, I'm so sorry about your kitty. I know how very hard it is to say goodbye to a pet. At least she's reunited with her sister now. Hugs!

Ducks lost a huge game to Stanford last night. So disappointing, but on to the next game.

Quiet weekend here for us. Might get a little stormy.

Good Morning!

Thanks for all your thoughts and kind words. I woke up with a bad headache this morning. I don't get headaches very often so I'm pretty sure this one is from too many tears yesterday. I feel really bad for Staci today. It's her birthday and if she's feels anything like I do today, it's not going to be a very happy one. This kitty was hers. When we got them 17 years ago, each of the kids claimed one. Eric's kitty was more a family cat and didn't favor anyone but Staci's kitty definitely favored Staci. She always slept with her and followed her around.

We are going to go out to dinner to celebrate her birthday tonight though so maybe we can take our minds off things for a bit. We're going to Maggianos.

We still have Eric's ex girlfriend's cat here though. We were only supposed to have her for a few weeks and it's been a few month now. She was supposed to take her back when she moved in to her apartment but she's been in the apartment for about 3 months now and has made no effort to re-claim the cat. I was really hoping to be done with cats. I love cats but I don't love kitty litter and cat hair or cat throw up. I want to get new carpet and furniture but I had decided to wait till the cats were gone because they were always throwing up everywhere. Now it looks like I might have to wait a little longer. Staci has become very attached to her though so I told her she can take the cat with her when she moves out. I have no idea when that will be though.

Have a good weekend.

John - I remember a couple came into the small and crowded restaurant where we met before the cruise, but there was no room at any of our tables so they say outside on the patio. Was that you?

This cruise, seems like everyone is pretty scattered around at hotels, so there probably won't be a group dinner the night before? I do enjoy that, but may not work out this time.

Heidi, wish Staci happy birthday for me. I'm so sorry she has to deal with the loss of her kitty on her birthday. It's been 11 months since I lost my Zeke doggie, and I still feel sad about it, even though I love my Callie dog so much.

November is a month with a lot of family birthdays for us. Dave's is the 17th, my brother's was the 4th. Dave's mom & aunt both had November birthdays. We know Callie was born in November, but not sure of the day. Dave decided her birthday would be the same day as his...He is very attached to this dog!

Good Afternoon!

I suggest that anyone who wants to get together the night before the cruise make a reservation now because that night will be Valentines Day. As Sue said though, we are all kind of spread out so getting together might be tough. We are flying into Ft. Lauderdale and don't land until 6:30 PM. Sue and Dave are also flying into FLL and landing at the same time so we will be sharing whatever kind of transportation we decide on to get to Miami. It could be kind of late by the time we get to Miami, especially if either of us has a flight delay. I think we will plan to eat at either the Cuban place down the street from our hotel or if that doesn't work I know that there are a couple of restaurants in the Marriott hotel campus that is right next door to our hotel. I know this because we stayed there a couple of years ago. We are staying at the Fairfield Inn Miami Airport South. There are not a lot of other restaurants in that area. I suppose if we don't get in too late we could always take a cab over to wherever other people are meeting and do drinks if it's kind of late for dinner.

We had a very nice dinner at Maggiano's last night. Staci wanted a Michael Kors designer wallet for her birthday so we gave her that. It was quite expensive and after we gave it to her she took a picture of it and sent it to all of her friends. Her friends all know her very well and know how she loses things, especially when she drinks. Well, they were going downtown Chicago to a bar last night to celebrate her birthday. All of her friends warned her not to bring her new wallet with her. Good thing she listened because she left her purse on the train. :mad: All she had in it though was her debit card and her drivers license. So late last night I got a text from her asking me to cancel her debit card for her, which I did right away. Then this morning I got a call from a very nice lady saying she found Staci's purse. It's not like I can undo the cancel on her debit card but at least she's getting everything back. Her phone and car keys were not in there anyway so it was not a big deal even if she wasn't getting her purse back. I would have been so mad if she had taken the new wallet and lost it the first night. :rolleyes:

Heidi Janet and I are flying into Miami on thur afternoon to go to the Miami boat show. We are open to anything you guys want to pick. We will have a rental car

The boat show is the reason we are all spread out the night before the cruise. Most of us wanted to stay at the Holiday Inn Bayside Marketplace but we heard they had a 2 night minimum and they were booked solid even for 2 nights. There were other hotels available in the same area but a lot more expensive so that's why we ended up booking the Fairfield.

Good afternoon!

We are experiencing our first real snowfall of the season today. We had a tiny bit of snow in late October but it was just flakes in the air and I never even saw it. today it's actually sticking. My lawn is all white now. It stated as rain this morning but changed to snow. I'd actually rather have the snow than the cold rain. I'd rather have 80 degrees than the snow though but THAT'S not going to happen. Can't wait for the cruise now.

Have a great day.

No snow in the forecast here, in fact it's been very nice for several days. I know it won't last, but I'm enjoying it while I can.

My cough is finally getting better, but boy, this has been a tough one to get over!

Hey, I just realized! We are under 100 days!! Double digits, baby!!!!!

Edited by momofzeke

Good Morning!

Hey, I just realized! We are under 100 days!! Double digits, baby!!!!!

I just realized that yesterday. And we leave home 3 months from tomorrow.

It is still cold here but at least it's sunny. Our snow hasn't completely melted yet which is odd for this early in November. It's not unusual to get snow but it usually doesn't stick. We only got about a half inch but there's still some on the ground where there isn't much sun.

I am off today and am going to start my Christmas shopping. About 3 years ago Dave joined a Christmas saving club with hsi credit union. They take money out of his paycheck every pay day and you can't touch it until Nov. 1st. so a few days ago he came home with a nice wad of cash for me. that way I don't have to use credit cards.

I hope everyone is having a good week. :)

Leaving in the morning to go to another Duck game in Eugene. It's been 3 weeks since we've seen Lily, and I'm very ready to see her again!

This will be Dave's birthday weekend, so we are going to our favorite steak place, a local place called the Bates Steakhouse. Dave loves seafood, so we are having dinner at Red Lobster the other night. I actually have a gift card for Red Lobster, so that will be nice. Brian and I don't like seafood, but the rest of our gang loves it. Those cheddar biscuits at Red Lobster are so good, they are almost worth the trip, and they have good pasta that is not seafood also.

I don't do much Christmas shopping anymore, but I guess with Lily here, I will be doing more this year! I buy gifts for the kids, but Dave and I don't really exchange gifts much anymore. Last year, we each bought our own gift before Christmas and didn't bother to wrap them. I bought myself a Kindle Fire, and Dave bought a fancy weather station. My dad and stepmom haven't wanted to exchange gifts for several years, and I give my mom money so she can buy what she wants. We don't exchange gifts with any of our siblings.

Those cheddar biscuits at Red Lobster are so good, they are almost worth the trip, and they have good pasta that is not seafood also.

I found Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuit Mix in the grocery store. It comes in a box and that's exactly how the box is labeled. I haven't tried making them though.