*OFFICIAL* CC Group Cruise 02/15/2014 Cupid's IV Southern Caribbean - Carnival Breeze

HeidiHo

Morning!

Got some more hay cut yesterday afternoon. The crop is very light in the field we just cut. That is one of 2 fields irrigated by the lesser of our 2 creeks. It dries up early. The field got water, but not as much as we would have liked. On to the next field!

Char ~ so glad you had a great time with your family! We have a possible horse, just need to find out if the guy is willing to negotiate a bit on the price. This horse is in a snaffle bit (doesn't neck rein) so we will have a friend's son ride him and get him into the bridle for me if we do end up buying him. This kid is a buddy of Brian's...went to high school with him...and works on a ranch so does a lot of riding.

Heidi ~ did Eric make it home before you had to leave for work? Glad you get to spend some time with him before he goes to Vietnam.

Rick ~ dodging raindrops while on the potty would be quite a challenge! :p Hope the storm is not causing any damage for you.

Renee ~ oh, fingers crossed for you!! Health insurance is such an important benefit, I really hope they offer it so you can have more money and better hours!! That 5 AM bull**** would get so old!

Clear skies here, but definitely cooler. Which is fine with me! I hate it when it gets really hot, makes me feel like I have no energy. Plus, the hay won't dry up and turn brown as fast if the weather is cooler. We want to cut it while it's still nice and green.

Good morning!

Rick, Lisa and Cat - I hope you are all staying dry. Lisa, I saw the pics of the tornado you posted on FB. Very scary. :eek:

Heidi ~ did Eric make it home before you had to leave for work? Glad you get to spend some time with him before he goes to Vietnam.

Sue - no, Eric didn't make it home at all. :rolleyes: He changed his plans and decided to leave today. I just gave him a wake up call because he has a doctor's appointment here at home at 1:00 and it's a 2 1/2 hour drive. He is notorious for over sleeping. Some of you might remember that he almost missed his own college graduation because he over slept. He is up now though and said he'd be on the road by 10:30 so I told him he better go straight to the doctor's office. He needs another shot for his trip.

Tonight we are getting together with my family for a last minute going away party for Eric. We're going into Chicago to a Vietnamese restaurant that is just a couple of blocks from my nieces apartment. I heard about this place a couple of months ago when one of the local news stations did a segment on it so we wanted to try it out before Eric left. We were going to try and do this on Saturday but everyone is busy.

It has cooled down again but it's beautiful. It was in the 90's yesterday but today it's only supposed to be about 75. It's supposed to be 97 on Thursday though.

I hope everyone has a great day. :)

Renee ~ oh, fingers crossed for you!! Health insurance is such an important benefit, I really hope they offer it so you can have more money and better hours!! That 5 AM bull**** would get so old!

It's been 6 months and the 5am is already old!!! I told them the health insurance was the kicker.... They are looking in to getting it for me and a few of their other key employees....

I just got some exciting news. A young woman we know won the Miss Indiana crown this weekend and will be competing for Miss America in January. Her sister will be in the Miss Kentucky pageant next month. Wouldn't it be crazy if they competed against each other for Miss America? It could happen. Both girls are amazing. They are from Illinois but competed in the states that they attend college. We know them because they were both on the cheerleading team with Staci. One is a year older than Staci and the other a year younger. We became good friends with their parents over the years we attended sporting events and cheerleading competitions.

We are relatively dry at the moment, in fact, the sun is trying to come out but there is a lot of flooding around us. At this time we are under the following watches and warnings: Flooding, tornado, high surf, high winds, tropical storm. The only thing missing is "limited visability due to blizzard conditions"! Fortunately, we don't get a lot of snow here in Paradise.......The Port of Tampa is 45 minutes North of here and the Carnival Paradise is stuck out in the Gulf because the Tampa pilot won't go out and guide it in due to the high seas. People are gonna miss their flights home for sure. That's one reason why I always recommend that you extend your travel insurance by at least one day so you can cover emergency lodging if necessary. (A hint to the wise.)

Hello breeze buddies!

Had DS on Friday and he's perfect. A nice 7 pounder that I was able to take home, so different from my one pounder. We are just getting home today and settling in.

We are also wet and rainy on the southeast coast. Predicted for the rest of the week.

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk 2

uploadfromtaptalk1340642867038.jpg.2a56ee9e8f6fb251439d36a843a0d951.jpg

Hello Cupids...

Cat...where are you? I hope you are staying dry and safe in the storm...looks pretty ugly on TV.

Rick...you too...good to hear from you and that the only major trouble you are having is with the "potty" situation. :eek:

Heidi...have fun at the going away dinner for Eric tonight...will Staci make it home for that?

Dave...eagerly waiting to hear about the new contract.

We are still having wonderful weather (sorry my Florida friends) and should stay this way all week...then it heats up again.

Have a nice and easy Monday everyone.

Hello breeze buddies!

Had DS on Friday and he's perfect. A nice 7 pounder that I was able to take home, so different from my one pounder. We are just getting home today and settling in.

We are also wet and rainy on the southeast coast. Predicted for the rest of the week. Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk 2

Rhysis...congratulations on your new baby boy! :D

Hello breeze buddies!

We are also wet and rainy on the southeast coast. Predicted for the rest of the week.

Congratulations on the new arrival.

Good Evening!

Hello breeze buddies!

Congratulations Candi!!! Hope you are both doing well.

We just got back from our Vietnamese dinner. it was really good. there were 8 of us plus a baby. My sister, BIL and my dad were came too. My dad picked up the whole tab (which was only a little over $100.00). considering there were 8 people that's really cheap. it helped that the restaurant didn't serve alcohol. LOL. Staci is really mad that we went without her but there was nothing we could do about it. it was the only night my family was going to be able to do it. She'll come home next weekend though and we'll do something special.

Have a good night. :)

I got it back. I think I probably deleted it by mistake when I was messing around with my signature trying to put the word "here" in for where to get information for the group. I probably just didn't notice until now.

Rhysis, Congrats on the new arrival. Great looking boy.

We got a peek at the new contract today. Not terrific but I can live with it for a little while. We vote Thursday. Hopefully it will pass. I'm ready to get back to work.

Rick, stay dry. Wish we had a little of that rain. It was 102 here today nd will be in the 100s all week.

Dave

Good morning!

Dave - I hope the vote on the new contract passes.

Not much going on here. I have to work tonight. I really have a light work schedule this week. I gave away 2 shifts so that I could spend time with Eric. i had to give away last night in order to go to dinner and i have given away Sunday night since that is Eric's last day here. He leaves on Monday. :(

Have a great day. :)

Good morning Cupids,

It is heading toward 105 for the high today.

AnimatedGIF-SweatingSmiley.gif

Glad we are almost through with this strike. The heat was a killer.

Heidi, enjoy your time with Eric before he leaves for Hanoi. I'm sure he is tired of the Hilton jokes by now. Hope he has a safe flight.

Not much happening here. Thursday will be busy. We vote on the new contract. It's not perfect but I just want a couple more years or I may retire in January. I'll play it by ear.

Later,

Dave

I'M BACK!! Good afternoon, Breeze buddies!

I have been sick as a dog with a belly flu. OMG I could not keep anything in my body for 3 days. I stayed on the couch and watched our heavy rain from TS Debby.

The last day we have not had much rain at all. So far we had around 9 inches and they are saying maybe 1-2 inches today and tomorrow. This afternoon is suppose to be rain according to the radar I just saw.

I am feeling so weak and thank God I have a wonderful hubby who has really taken care of me. He made some wonderful Chicken soup and I ate mostly liquids. Today is my first solid stuff and I started with yogurt so we shall see.

I will get back to reading all the post that I missed and let you all know I am still alive.lol

Chat later!

Edited by Cathy p

Howdy Cupids...

It is still cool here but will start warming up on Thursday...just in time for a sweltering July 4th. :rolleyes:

Dave...I would LOVE to send you some of our cool weather...but can't help much with the rain as we have been pretty dry here too. Good luck with the vote on Thrusday keeping my fingers crossed that it gets passed so you can return to work.

Cat...I knew something must be wrong when you didn't post at least somethinge...glad you are feeling better and that you survived the storm.

This is a pretty quiet week for us except tonight and Thrusday...really enjoying it too.

Have a really nice day everyone.

Good morning Cupids,

Thursday will be busy. We vote on the new contract. It's not perfect but I just want a couple more years or I may retire in January. I'll play it by ear.[/size][/font]

Dave if you retire be ready to run your azz off because you will be MUCH busier than when you worked for pay!! I have no idea how I ever got any work done when I worked for a living. Obviously, I must have done something right because I was able to retire at 56 but rest and peace certainly haven't happened yet!!! Fifteen years later I have a whole new resume.....

[

Summer?? Well, ok. But yesterday morning, we had SNOW on Abert Rim, which is right by our house. Yes, I said SNOW.

Dave and I branded some cows we bought...I had to wear my WINTER COAT & HAT. Crazy! Then, yesterday evening we went to town to pick up our tractor that was in for repair...had to turn on the air conditioner. Nutty weather! I think we are supposed to heat up starting today.

We have had to put off baler school twice due to rain. :( But they are on their way today, and looks like it's a go. We didn't cut hay yesterday, but I will head out with my swather in a bit to finish the piece we were cutting while Dave does baler school. Then we'll move to a new field and hopefully get rolling...we've been slowed down a lot by the rainy weather so far.

Rhys: congrats on the baby boy!! That's wonderful!

Cat ~ so sorry you've been sick. Glad you're on the mend.

Heidi ~ sounds like a fun time with the fam! Enjoy your time with Eric before he leaves.

Dave ~ still keeping fingers crossed for you.

Renee ~ hoping,hoping,hoping,hoping!! Would be great if you could get that other job with health benefits!

Char ~ wow, hot, hot, hot! So weird because we really aren't THAT far away from each other (well, I guess probably at least 800 miles or so) and we have been so COLD. Gonna change today, I think. We are supposed to get hot too (but hardly ever go over 100 degrees here).

Rick ~ haven't been keeping up with the news much, hope you are still safe and dry.

Ok, I'd better get my butt in gear! See ya! :D

Good morning Cupids,

[/size][/font]

It is going to be hot again here today also, I have only been working outside in the evenings it is so hot and humid. Supposed to be near 90 today then 97 Thursday and 99 Friday.

It is drying everything up that I don't water, what a heatwave :eek:

mark

Good morning Cupids,

Not much happening here. Thursday will be busy. We vote on the new contract. It's not perfect but I just want a couple more years or I may retire in January. I'll play it by ear.

Later,

Dave

Right there with you Dave, 105 yesterday but maybe only 100 today and then cooling off into the mid 90's later in the week with some rain.:D

Good luck with the vote.

Ed

Good Afternoon! It's hot here. It's around 90 now and is supposed to be around 100 tomorrow. I just got home from working lunch and am waiting for Eric so we can go out for lunch. Not much else is going on.

Have a great day and stay cool (Floridians, stay dry).

We finally be dry but we still don't have much heat. Only supposed to get to 88 today. Soooo very appreciative of all of you taking our heat away from us! Now, if we could just get you to take away Tropical Storms and Hurricanes this truly would be Paradise.....

Hello Cupids...

Still nice here in mid 80s supposed to get to 97 tomorrow but we have very very little himidity so anything below 100 is okay with me.

Our internet was down for a few hours this morning...Lisa and Kristen (Robin's youngest daughter) were here for lunch today...always enjoy that.

I hope all of you in Florida are doing okay...the pictures look really bad...but I know that is only in parts of Florida.

Have a nice day everyone. :)