2013/14 Sapphire Princess Itineraries

lovevacadays

I received information today from my TA on Princess' itineraries for Mexico in 2013/14. Looks like they will sail to Puerto Vallarta, Cabo, and Ensenda. No Mazatlan.

I completely understand they are looking out for passenger safety as Mazatlan is on the list of travel advisories.

I'm so glad I had many trips to Mazatlan while cruising. I know many, many don't like Mazatlan as it is definitely very different than the other ports on the Mexican Riviera itinerary. For me, though, I have a soft spot for Mazatlan. Probably started with my dad and uncle's trips there fishing in the 80's and their love of this city. I've had so many wonderful experiences there and will hold it dear in my heart and hope that the people I have met in Mazatlan will be ok. As seasons change, I would imagine someday Mazatlan will be back on cruising itineraries. I will be on the first cruise back.:)

chloedmom, you echo my thoughts EXACTLY!

The fact that Mazatlan is no longer being offered as a port of call breaks my heart. I know that some see it as dusty, drab, not as exciting or sophisticated as the other stops along the Mexican Riviera, but I, like you, have a soft spot in my heart for this beautiful place and the warm, friendly people.

I hope that conditions improve there soon. I can't wait to go back.

I agree with you both..We have cruised many times to the MR which always included Mazatlan...We loved taking the taxi's to the Mercado and one of our favorite pre-boarding spots for drinks was right at the cruise terminal..We have many pictures of our family sitting there enjoying the Margaritas !!..Someday hopefully again:)

NCL says they are returning to the Mexican Riviera in 2013, including Mazatalan.

I feel so sorry for all the people who depend upon tourism for their living. I know there is a State Department warning on Mazatalan, but there is also one on almost every Caribbean Island that the cruise lines go to. I do not understand why Mazatalan is still being banned.

I agree with you both..We have cruised many times to the MR which always included Mazatlan...We loved taking the taxi's to the Mercado and one of our favorite pre-boarding spots for drinks was right at the cruise terminal..We have many pictures of our family sitting there enjoying the Margaritas !!..Someday hopefully again:)

I, too, have good memories of having a margarita and some chips and salsa in the cruise terminal before getting back on the ship. The terminal was always lively and a fun place to meet up with fellow cruisers.

I just LOVE Stone Island. I could sit at Victors and drink Pacificos and eat shrimp all day long.

Rarely a day goes by.... without myself or DW saying... we wish we were at Victors eating shrimp...just enjoying life! icon7.gif

Also agree 100 percent with all the above posters expressing your love for Mazatlan. If crime hadn't increased... DW and I would have retired there 3 years ago. Feel so sorry.... for all those people impacted by the loss of cruise dollars to the local economy!

Archived