Difference? DL vs. CL

I am a new Diamond member, having only sailed once on Monarch since. We visited the DL in the Viking Crown Lounge. My next sailing will be on Freedom and am staying in a suite. Understanding there is a true dedicated DL on larger ships, can someone explain the differences between the DL and the CL. thanks!

I am a new Diamond member, having only sailed once on Monarch since. We visited the DL in the Viking Crown Lounge. My next sailing will be on Freedom and am staying in a suite. Understanding there is a true dedicated DL on larger ships, can someone explain the differences between the DL and the CL. thanks!

DL on the Freedom Class ships is nicer than the CL. DL is up in the Viking Crown with a fabulous ocean view, while the CL is a sometimes cramped interior room. Services should be similar on a Freedom Class ship.

Children are now allowed in the CL during evening happy hour. This change has not yet occured in the DL.

No significant differences between the two except for their location on Freedom Class ships. There you have a choice between an interior lounge with no views (Concierge Lounge) or a lounge on the upper deck with great views of the ocean or the ports of call. Allowing for possible differences in the quality of service provided by the concierges assigned to each lounge, the DL wins almost every time.

Archived