Question about canceling & rebooking

bostongal965

I booked a cruise in January (inside and aft balcony room). I used a Future Cruise Certificate on the balcony room, and a 1/2 price deposit for the inside. Since we moved up to silver on our last cruise, we have some OBC on each room already, and we booked more than nine months out so extra Latitude points. So far, the deposit is all we have paid.

Now they are offering a Latitudes special for our sailing - more OBC, plus extra Latitude points. I don't think it has a 1/2 price deposit. I'm thinking of canceling and rebooking but I'm not exactly sure how it would work.

First, the inside rooms have increased in price - more than the increased OBC - would we have to pay the new price? Second, there are no more aft balconies (B1) available so I don't know what would happen to that price. Third, since we only paid $250 deposit, would we have to pay the other $250 on the room we didn't use the FCC on? Finally, would we lose the early booking Latitude points (which would be a wash, because we'd be getting bonus ones from the booking)?

As I'm typing this, I'm thinking it's probably not going to be worth it for a litttle OBC, but I'm wondering what my fellow CC experts have to say!

Thanks!!

If you booked with a PCC call and ask. A phone call wont cost you anything and you can weigh out all the options to your best interest.

I've done this a couple times. I've even had multiple cabins booked and I've changed one cabin and not the others. I've worked with 2 very good PCC's and they have helped me in all my calculations and options that benefit me.

Can you explain why you think your entitled to it all, what am I missing! The last time I looked NCL was in business to make money.

Yes you will pay the current price for cancelling and rebooking in order to get the higher OBC and yes you will have to pay the extra deposit.

And yes you will lose the extra Latitudes points for booking 9 months out unless you are still sailing 9 months out.

I'm thinking they'd reprice it at today's rates and deposit requirements. If the increase in rates wasn't more than the increased OBC, I'd say go ahead and call - you've got nothing to lose.

I don't think they would probably be able to extend the additional OBC without updating the other info on the booking (higher deposit and rate per passenger). Sounds like you already got a pretty good deal and it doesn't hurt to keep watching for future price and promotion changes up to the time you make your final payment. Everyone likes a good deal.

Can you explain why you think your entitled to it all, what am I missing! The last time I looked NCL was in business to make money.

Where in the op did you read any sense of entitlement from the poster or is this just the way people are addressed when they solicit an opinion?

In fact the op went out of their way to lay it all out there fully recognizing that it would be a cancellation and rebooking and made absolutely no mention of trying to get "both" deals (current and new). I don't get where the notion of entitlement comes in at all! :confused:

I've rebooked cruises and you have to take the current price and deal. Just calculate if the extra OBC is more than the price difference. Remember OBC is one for the cabin so a $250 OBC would be used up by a $125 increase per person. On my May cruise coming up I "gave up" $250 latitudes OBC to save $500 a person on a price drop for our owners suite. So our net savings was $750. The price went up after we rebooked. We also lost 7 points due to the rebook being less than nine months so we don't go gold after the cruise. But our next cruise makes us platinum since it's a 16 day TA in the same suite.

Where in the op did you read any sense of entitlement from the poster or is this just the way people are addressed when they solicit an opinion?

In fact the op went out of their way to lay it all out there fully recognizing that it would be a cancellation and rebooking and made absolutely no mention of trying to get "both" deals (current and new). I don't get where the notion of entitlement comes in at all! :confused:

You call it what you like i call it wanting your cake and eat it too or just plain greed!

Poker Addict - the only reason I asked about it is because posters on here are always talking about canceling and rebooking to get better deals. I was on the NCL site and I noticed the cruise which I booked in January was now part of a Latitudes promotion. I was curious about how the canceling/rebooking thing worked, and so I asked.

:( I didn't feel I was "entitled" to anything (and for the record, we are talking about $25 OBC for the inside room and $50 for the balcony - I can assure than my family and I will spend far more than that during the course of the week and NCL will make their money off of us - we even prepay the gratuities, FWIW). Not only that, but my PCC told me when I booked to watch the site and to "call him if he could be of help."

I'm pretty insulted :mad: - most people on here are very helpful. As it turns out, I'm probably not going to bother - I'm too nervous that some mistake would be made and my reservation would be messed up.

Thank you, jints07, for coming to my defense, and thanks to the other posters for trying to answer my question and not insulting me for asking :)

I get nervous thinking about changes too. I always want the best deal but then I get all freaked out if I look around too much. I hope you figured it out! Have a great cruise! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's best not to respond to ignorant posts. Sadly, there are people who join boards just to insult people. By responding to them, you simply give them what they want. On the bright side, those posters are few and are far outnumbered by truly helpful CC posters.

Have a great cruise!

Poker Addict - the only reason I asked about it is because posters on here are always talking about canceling and rebooking to get better deals. I was on the NCL site and I noticed the cruise which I booked in January was now part of a Latitudes promotion. I was curious about how the canceling/rebooking thing worked, and so I asked.

:( I didn't feel I was "entitled" to anything (and for the record, we are talking about $25 OBC for the inside room and $50 for the balcony - I can assure than my family and I will spend far more than that during the course of the week and NCL will make their money off of us - we even prepay the gratuities, FWIW). Not only that, but my PCC told me when I booked to watch the site and to "call him if he could be of help."

I'm pretty insulted :mad: - most people on here are very helpful. As it turns out, I'm probably not going to bother - I'm too nervous that some mistake would be made and my reservation would be messed up.

Thank you, jints07, for coming to my defense, and thanks to the other posters for trying to answer my question and not insulting me for asking :)

I check the NCL site a few times a week. If I notice an extra obc, I'll always call my PCC to see if he can get it for me.

I don't know how your situation would be, just call your PCC and talk to him/her about it. You are not the only one who calls about these kind of things. :D

It's best not to respond to ignorant posts. Sadly, there are people who join boards just to insult people. By responding to them, you simply give them what they want. On the bright side, those posters are few and are far outnumbered by truly helpful CC posters.

There's also the "ignore list" that is very helpful with rude posters. You can find it in your Control Panel.

I have booked and re-booked several times. You have to take into consideration from your first booking:

1. Room category

2. Total price of the cruise

3. Any OBC, other perks

4. Re-booking fees, if any.

Then using the same criteria, review the new booking and see if you are really saving any money.

If I am within less than $50, I don't bother (not worth any possible hassles for that amount). I have noticed that if I book very early and during a sale, even with additional OBC, etc. that my original booking is the best. It NEVER hurts to look or to ask:D

Boston, I did the same thing today. The cruise I booked back in March is now a Latitudes cruise. Unfortunately I would lose the $500 AMEX OBC if I rebooked today. Still not sure if I should go for the extra Latitudes points though, it will cost me more tham $500 for another cruise to get the points for Platinum...

My PCC had no problem checking all the different promotions to give me the bottom line so don't be afraid to call.

I have changed sailing dates before with no problem. A couple times I got a cheaper price even though I didn't know it would be at the time I called. A refund of the overpaid amount was promptly credited. The customer service reps were all very friendly, and helped find the best available cabins.

I recently changed my Nov. 4th sailing to Nov. 11th...again, no problem...and it was cheaper (just a little,but hey...).

You must be in your window of opportunity to change it with no change charge I guess, or penalty.

Archived