canopy tours

hey everyone! my family and i are going on the carnival valor on aug 21 and i was looking into the canopy tour in belize. most likely it would just be me and my sister who would do this due to weight restrictions, fear of heights, etc. has anyone ever taken carnival's canopy tour? how was it? how high are you actually up? any and all advice/experiences are greatly appreciated :)

I have not personally been on the canopy tour in Belize, but I spoke with a coworker who went last month. She said there were about 9 horizontal sections separated by metal platforms and 3 rappelling sections. She thinks that the maximum height was approximately 120 feet off the ground, but it didn't seem as high because you mostly look at treetops. The excursion time was approximately 4 hours, which included an hour drive each way to the site. If you have any more specific questions I can ask her for you.

hey everyone! my family and i are going on the carnival valor on aug 21 and i was looking into the canopy tour in belize. most likely it would just be me and my sister who would do this due to weight restrictions, fear of heights, etc. has anyone ever taken carnival's canopy tour? how was it? how high are you actually up? any and all advice/experiences are greatly appreciated :)

I was on the Legend sailing 4/4 and we did the Canopy tour in Belize. It was great. The operation is pretty new and all the equipment is new and in great shape. It was about 6 platforms and two rappels. It's rather mountainous. What I mean is you start in a cave and you sort of move around this mountain back to the cave. We had a bit of hike up to the safety demo area and then we hiked up a little bit higher to reach the entrance to the first platorm. At one point we went over this little canyon. The highest point was probably 200-300 feet. You don't really notice the ground so honestly the heights thing wasn't an issue for me. Maybe the longest zip was a couple hundred feet. There were about 15 of us moving from platform to platform with the guides that went with us. From getting our gear on until we were back at the cave again it was about an hour. The guides were very safety conscious and perhaps because the operation is still new you could watch them as they seemed to be going through their steps before setting you off.

We also did the Zip Lining in Costa Rica and that one was truly in the canopy going from tree top to tree versus the more mountainous area of Belize. I enjoyed both as they were quite different from each other.

Archived