Safest ports to visit

DOHC

Hi I was wondering I plan on getting off the ship in. Grand Cayman, Rotan Island Hondurus and Cozumel . I never planned on visitng belize nothing reallly seemed to excite me there. Anyways i plan on doing a dolphin/beach encounter in hondurus and probably just beaches at the other 2 ports i'm interested in. Curious what way to find the safest transportation to the beaches excursions etc...How do you know who to trust? This will be my first cruise and looking for some people that have delt with this transportation stuff already.

Thanks

Caymans is very safe.

Cozumel is safe too, just be sure to ask questions before you get in the cab. As you exit that shopping area on the pier, there will be a bunch of guys trying to sell you tours. I told one guy I wanted to go snorkeling and he said we had to do it through his tour, because there were jellyfish near the shore. I asked the taxi dispatcher, he said there were no jellyfish. I asked the taxi driver, he said there were no jellyfish.

In Cozumel, there is a big board that lists various prices associated with where you want to go. Tell the dispatcher where you want to go or what you want to do, he will recommend a place and you can check and confirm the fare. And then confirm it with the taxi driver.

Agreed, Cayman and Cozumel is safe. Roatan, stick with either the ship's beach excursion or book with boddentours.com. Have heard lots of good things about him through the Roatan board. In Belize, the Cays (pronounced keys) are where the beaches are. If anything in Belize, tender in to the terminal and walk around that protected area and then head back.

I'm probably going to only end up doing 2 excursions i'm debating on these wondering if anyone has done them or have any input on them

Grand Cayman - Aqua Boat and snorkel adventure, Cayman 7 mile beach or Stingray city and island tour

Cozumel - Hideaway Powerboat and beach escape or Playa mia Beach break deluxe?

People who have been to these ports point some more things out for me to look into

Thanks alot

I have done the island tour in Grand Cayman...it was OK. It was coupled with a glass bottom boat, Hell and Turtle Farm. Wasn't too shabby but the island tour was the low point (if there was one). Everyone says that they enjoyed the Stingrays, I personally haven't experienced this. Seven Mile Beach can be done with a cab and not on a ship tour.

Cozumel - I went on a Pirate boat and went shopping. This time, I'm hitting Paradise Beach

Caymans - If you have never done a Stingray tour, you should do one here. It is an experience not to be missed.

Cozumel - if all you want is a beach day, I'd recommend taking a $12 - $14 cab ride to Paradise Beach on your own, and save yourself a lot of money.

Archived