comparing ships across lines

Vitality08

is there a website that helps compare ships across lines so that when looking at prices you know you comparing like ships?

I know Epic, Allure, Oasis, and Breeze are probably comparable...but beyond that, how does one know what ships match what ships?

Is it just a matter of reading what which ship offers or doesn't offer?

Thats a good question and knowing all the different classes of ships within a cruise line usually comes from experience. You could compare tonnage and the year she was born. Also how many passengers she holds is a good indicator. I know I prefer certain deck plans. Alot of the deck plans are similar across the lines. I compare the spirit class on Carnival to the vision and Brilliance class on RCCL which I compare to the Millennium class on celebrity.. Yep, just alot of reading up.;) there is a web site that I find the best for comparing ship stats and deck plans but it is a booking site and cruise critic wont allow me to mention it.. :(

This isn't easy to do since every line has its own personality as does every ship within that line.

One starting point might be to check out one of the on-line travel agency sites that specializes in cruises. We're not supposed to mention them here, but I just googled "cruises" and the one I like to use to compare ships was the first non-sponsored, non-local website on the list. These sites typically rate the ships by number of stars (usually a scale of one to six). A 3.5 star ship on Carnival would probably be fairly equivalent to a 3.5 star ship on RCI, even though the size, amenities, food activities, etc. would be fairly different.

Your experience on a 4.0 star ship on Carnival would be very similar (virtually identical IMO) to that on another Carnival ship with the same rating.

Archived