Celebrity to RCI

We are elite members with Celebrity, But we are sailing with RCI in Septemeber, and understand that we can move our membership across for this cruise.

My question is does anyone know what level we will get on RCI.

Make sure to sign up for C&A. If you are booking a balcony make sure to get your discount. This perk is better than the 'upgrade' on X.

Check to see if you have a Diamond Lounge or only the Event. The ships with a Dlounge have very nice happy hour (5-8:30) every night. Without a Dlounge the Event has wine and beer with 25% off drinks.

We are elite members with Celebrity, But we are sailing with RCI in Septemeber, and understand that we can move our membership across for this cruise.

My question is does anyone know what level we will get on RCI.

Contact RCI and give them your Captain's Club numbers and they will issue Crown & Anchor membership numbers. Make sure the C&A numbers are noted in your RCI reservation to insure you receive all the Diamond benefits. And as the previous poster noted, you'll be entitled to a $200 discount on a balcony cabin for a 7 day cruise.

If the OP booked their cruise outside the 6 month window, they will be entitled to a $225 balcony discount.

I have a $250 credit for my 7 day sailing on the Freedom, which changed to a $350 credit when I upgraded to a JS recently.

The original booking was made in November 2010 on the Navigator and was cancelled when they pulled the ship because of the unrest in the area. The booking was a NC certificate when it was first made.

Just wondering if I had a current booking number booked six months out would it now be $225 and $325?

Gosh I hate keeping up with all of the changes.

Does this go the other way too? We are platinum or is it now emerald on RCCL and we are going to sail Celebrity. Does this mean a balcony discount for

this new cruise too?

Does this go the other way too? We are platinum or is it now emerald on RCCL and we are going to sail Celebrity. Does this mean a balcony discount for

this new cruise too?

Unfortunately, Celebrity doesn't have balcony discounts:o Contact the Captain's Club and they will be able to tell you what your status will be, based on your status on RCCL.

I have a $250 credit for my 7 day sailing on the Freedom, which changed to a $350 credit when I upgraded to a JS recently.

The original booking was made in November 2010 on the Navigator and was cancelled when they pulled the ship because of the unrest in the area. The booking was a NC certificate when it was first made.

Just wondering if I had a current booking number booked six months out would it now be $225 and $325?

Gosh I hate keeping up with all of the changes.

I'm a little confused when you mentioned that a $250 credit was changed to a $350 credit. Are you talking about OBC that was given to you?

Balcony discounts are the same whether you book the lowest balcony cabin or a suite. There is a $25 difference depending on when you book a cruise. Here is the breakdown by C&A level Platinum~Emerald~Diamond~Diamond Plus~Pinnacle Balcony Discounts as of Jan. 21, 2011

I'm a little confused when you mentioned that a $250 credit was changed to a $350 credit. Are you talking about OBC that was given to you?

Balcony discounts are the same whether you book the lowest balcony cabin or a suite. There is a $25 difference depending on when you book a cruise. Here is the breakdown by C&A level Platinum~Emerald~Diamond~Diamond Plus~Pinnacle Balcony Discounts as of Jan. 21, 2011

We are Diamond Plus, with an cruise booked on the Freedom The HAUS savings is $250. I found the $25 difference thanks to your link. The difference between Diamond and Diamonnd Plus.

We booked a suite guranantee and now have a HAUS savings of $350. So the question is when booking a suite does the balcony discount increase?

This booking number has changed several times, so I do have NC credits as well as $200 OBC from the cruise line cancelling a cruise that had stops in Egypt.

We are Diamond Plus, with an cruise booked on the Freedom The HAUS savings is $250. I found the $25 difference thanks to your link. The difference between Diamond and Diamonnd Plus.

We booked a suite guranantee and now have a HAUS savings of $350. So the question is when booking a suite does the balcony discount increase?

This booking number has changed several times, so I do have NC credits as well as $200 OBC from the cruise line cancelling a cruise that had stops in Egypt.

The balcony discount is the same, regardless of the type of stateroom (as long as the stateroom has a balcony). The only things that change the amount of balcony discount are the length of cruise, and whether the cruise was booked 6 months in advance.

The balcony discount is the same, regardless of the type of stateroom (as long as the stateroom has a balcony). The only things that change the amount of balcony discount are the length of cruise, and whether the cruise was booked 6 months in advance.

Bob, didn't I say the same thing as you have posted in my quote above?:confused:

I know you can't combine the C&A Savings Certificate (HAUS) with a balcony discount, but I don't think that question was asked.

How come my code has changed from HAUS-Savings of $250 to

HAUW-Savings $350?

How come my code has changed from HAUS-Savings of $250 to

HAUW-Savings $350?

That looks like a difference in the length of cruise. I have a 7 day cruise with a "HAUS" balcony discount, and a 16 day cruise with a "HAUW" balcony discount.

Yes you did, and I'm sorry I missed it.

Bob

Bob, I'm sorry........No, please I wasn't making reference to your post.:o I guess it didn't come across as I had planned and you may have taken it the wrong way. :o I was actually agreeing with you.:D

Bob, I'm sorry........No, please I wasn't making reference to your post.:o I guess it didn't come across as I had planned and you may have taken it the wrong way. :o I was actually agreeing with you.:D

No offense taken, really. However, I do try not to answer posts that have already been answered. I sometimes make the mistake of seeing a post on the bottom of the page and answer it, without seeing that there are more pages.

Anyhow, I'm glad we gave the same answer!:)

Bob

No offense taken, really. However, I do try not to answer posts that have already been answered. I sometimes make the mistake of seeing a post on the bottom of the page and answer it, without seeing that there are more pages.

Anyhow, I'm glad we gave the same answer!:)

Bob

That's the problem with message boards. You say something but unfortunately it doesn't come across to the other person the way it was intended to. I will never do that again.:o;)

That looks like a difference in the length of cruise. I have a 7 day cruise with a "HAUS" balcony discount, and a 16 day cruise with a "HAUW" balcony discount.

My cruise is a seven day cruise. I did switch from a D3 to a suite catagory W guarantee and received a JS.

My cruise is a seven day cruise. I did switch from a D3 to a suite catagory W guarantee and received a JS.

Looks like a mistake in your favor. They may catch it before you sail, or they may not. It's never happened to me, but I've read people report here that if there's a payment discrepency at check in, they could require additional payment to board.

If that happens I will refer them back to the recording of my conversation with the Diamond Plus agent that quoted my price for the W guarantee. I spent about 40 minutes with Debbie on the phone making sure of the price. I sure don't want to start s vacation off on a sour note.

I wouldn't have made the switch if the price goes higher. Thanks for everyones helpful information.

• 2 months later...

If you're asking whether you can combine Royal's 'Crown & Anchor Society' points withe Celebrity's 'Captain's Club' points to more rapidly quality for rewards programs (in other words, would your Celebrity cruise points add to your Royal cruise points as you reach toward Platinum or Emerald rankings), the answer is no.

But a person who has reached an upper level in one program can get similar rank in the other, from what I understand. So a cruiser who did 5 cruises on each, then did a 6'th on one, would probably have a lower ranking than someone who did 10 cruises on one, then an 11'th on the other.

Hope that makes sense.

Richard.

Archived