HELP....Can't decide on Conquest excursions

Splatt

:D Help us please!..My mother and I are sailing on the Conquest in June and we are having one heck of a time deciding on which excursions to book. We know that we want to snorkel in Cozumel, but it's the stops in Montego Bay and the Caymans that have us confused! We are weary of Dunn's River Falls (I'd hate to slip and fall..Ha-Ha) and my mother is not much of a beach person. Anyone have an idea? Besides the stingrays in the Caymans, what else would a very active 70 year old woman and her 45 year old daughter enjpy? Thanks for the help!! :)

In Jamaica, you might enjoy the tubing/rafting trip on a river. Or, depending on how active you really want to be, canopying. I'd recommend the stingrays to anyone for the Caymans. My mother-in-law doesn't even swim and she enjoyed it.

We have a group of 8 going, ages ranging from 27 to 60, and we booked a tour through Barrett Adventures in Mo Bay. I read about them over on the Jamaica Port board, and have heard lots of good things about them.

I e-mailed Carolyn and she replied quickly with lots of good information. They have several different tours you can choose from, but if you want to customize a tour, you can do that also. We chose the YS Falls and River Tubing tour, with a stop at Margaritaville for my husband and I (the young ones in the bunch :) ). I have heard that Carolyn will give you a history of Jamaica as she drives you to your destinations.

You don't have to pay up front, just an e-mail is your conformation. You pay them when you get to Mo Bay.

I was just pleased that I found something I think everyone in our group will enjoy.

Here's their web site is you are interested.

http://www.barrettadventures.com/

AIMS312 -

I am one of those that has recommended Barrett Adventures on the Jamaica board. My DH and I had such a wonderful time with Carolyn and learned so much about Jamaica.

I hope that your family has as wonderful a time with her as we did. YS Falls is absolutely beautiful and not crowded at all. It is a place that everyone can enjoy...for the swimming, rope swing, and just the pure beauty of that part of the island.

We didn't get to tube the river due to low water levels but I've heard they've had a lot more rain lately. We went to Pelican Bar instead and it was another great experience!

Splatt - If you want a completely unique experience in Jamaica I would book a tour with Barrett Addventures. YS Falls is beautiful and there are no where near the people that Dunns River falls gets (there were probably 50 people total when we were there...maybe less). You don't walk up the falls...there are staircases next to each of the various swimming holes. It is on a gorgeous plantation. We also stopped to enjoy pineapple from a local farmer, ate jerk chicken, bought coconuts from a roadside "vendor" and drank the cocunut milk. But the most interesting thing was hearing about the history of the island. Carolyn is a book of knowledge regarding Jamaica and we learned so much in our 8 hours with her.

The last time I was in Montego Bay, we took a cab to Sunset Beach Resort. It is an all-inclusive resort that offers a day pass to cruisers for $20. They are 3 private beaches, 3 swimming pools, open bar, a pool-side grill and a buffet area. They also have some snorkel and kayak equipment. It was well worth the price and very relaxing. My boyfriend and I also got a couples massage while we were there for half the price of what they were charging on the ship and it was amazing!!

In the afternoon, we checked out Margarittaville.

Just an idea!

Archived