My Review of Celebrity Silhouette- Feb 22nd to March 5th, 2012

Cruising Forever!

Wow, what a phenomenal review, very well done! But there is no excuse for not having at least one drink in the molecular bar. :p Oh, well. Just another reason to go back!:rolleyes:

I second the thanks for the wonderful review and the sentiment that you missed out by not going to the Molecular Bar! It was our favorite place on the Solstice.

Also, thanks for confirming that Beliz should still be in Blu while we're there in May! We're very excited to see her again. She was a highlight of our Solstice cruise as well.

Fantastic review and pictures!!

I'm disappointed to hear about the alcoves as our family has one booked for both sea days on our upcomign Med cruise. It does seem strange to have the alcoves facing inward instead of the water....someone must have thought it was more aesthetically pleasing that way.....:rolleyes:

I know... I would have been in those alcoves at least ONE day (even at the high prices) if they faced the ocean. What lame-brain thought you would want to look at people in the Alcoves across??? I hate it when they have a great idea and totally botch the implementation. I wonder if it's too late to swivel these around on Reflection???

You could probably still cancel the alcove reservation... but who knows, maybe they'll figure something out between now and your cruise as a way of improving them?

I second the thanks for the wonderful review and the sentiment that you missed out by not going to the Molecular Bar! It was our favorite place on the Solstice.

Also, thanks for confirming that Beliz should still be in Blu while we're there in May! We're very excited to see her again. She was a highlight of our Solstice cruise as well.

Belize (Beliz?) was superb. She did serve for a time in Tuscany Grill before our cruise, so if she isn't in Blu during your cruise, look for her there.

If you could do me a favor, please let her know about this review- she would need the web address to it! I told her she would be in my review, and she just laughed like I was making it up!:D

Bon Voyage,

Paul

Hi As I am not any where near as computer savvy as you would be able to find the time to send the link to your review so I can peruse at leisure. You have done such as amazing review Im afaid I may not be able to find it again. Sailing July on her regards

Belize (Beliz?) was superb. She did serve for a time in Tuscany Grill before our cruise' date=' so if she isn't in Blu during your cruise, look for her there.

If you could do me a favor, please let her know about this review- she would need the web address to it! I told her she would be in my review, and she just laughed like I was making it up!:D

Bon Voyage,

Paul[/quote']

Will do! I'll see if I can get my husband to cache the review somehow on his iPad so we can show her (without connecting to the web!). (As for the spelling of her name... I'm not sure. I have it in my notes from our last cruise as Beliz, but I certainly could be wrong!)

I'm a nerd, so I still have a note in my phone with all the folks we really liked on the cruise. Any of these other names ring a bell?

Viorel (he was the assistant maitre d in Blu)

Malgorzata (she was the amazing sommelier who coordinated with Beliz and helped us immensely)

Kristalisanto (our assistant waiter)

Andy (a really tall Croatian who often served us breakfast in Blu)

Jose (worked with Andy on breakfast)

Kelby (mixologist at Molecular Bar... but you probably wouldn't know if he was there since you missed out on that spectacular venue ;) )

Well' date=' it took me a LONG time to write this review for this gorgeous ship, but I finally have it ready to go! This is a picture intensive page without thumbnails, so it might take a great deal of time to load on slower connections. Also, some iPads with low memory (like our first gen iPad) will NOT load all of the pictures.

All of my Cruise Reviews can be reached via the link below, or you can go directly to the Celebrity Silhouette review here:

http://home.comcast.net/~pmccullough/cruise/Silhouette%2012/Silhouette%2012.htm

To all of you about to sail or planning to sail Silhouette in the future, have a GREAT time on our new favorite Celebrity ship!

Bon Voyage,

Paul

One word for your review FANTASTIC !!!!!!!!!!!!

Will do! I'll see if I can get my husband to cache the review somehow on his iPad so we can show her (without connecting to the web!). (As for the spelling of her name... I'm not sure. I have it in my notes from our last cruise as Beliz, but I certainly could be wrong!)

I'm a nerd, so I still have a note in my phone with all the folks we really liked on the cruise. Any of these other names ring a bell?

Viorel (he was the assistant maitre d in Blu)

Malgorzata (she was the amazing sommelier who coordinated with Beliz and helped us immensely)

Kristalisanto (our assistant waiter)

Andy (a really tall Croatian who often served us breakfast in Blu)

Jose (worked with Andy on breakfast)

Kelby (mixologist at Molecular Bar... but you probably wouldn't know if he was there since you missed out on that spectacular venue ;) )

Thank you so much! Actually, I'm willing to bet Beliz has access to a computer... (either aboard or back home) I'd hate your husband's iPad to be crammed with all those pictures. :D Just save the web URL to the review for her to jot down. She is such a nice person!

None of the other names stood out in your list.

Btw, Beliz is spelled Beliz- you were right! I did some detective work and another picture I had of her had her name tag prominent, so I changed it in the review! Thanks!

Cheers,

Paul

Excellent review and your pictures are awesome. Thank you so much!

Thank you- my little Canon pocket camera takes some nice pictures (although it's getting a bit flaky after being dropped several times on concrete sidewalks) but I have to say that the post processing program I use (FREE) called PhotoScape makes the pictures really shine! Everyone should have this excellent, free program. Do a search on Photoscape to find it or go to download.com.

Cheers,

Paul

Thanks for taking time to put this review together. We were thinking of booking this ship for 2014 so I was definitely happy to see the photos and read all the good things about it.

You're welcome- I also have a review of the Oasis. Check it out at the link below.

Silhouette was an amazing ship!

Cheers,

Paul

We just came off the Silhouette and loved AQ class. Especially for Blu and for Beliz and Ana. Wonderful staff that makes you feel like you do not want to leave!

Only one rude server we encountered. A bar service person at the buffet upstairs. My husband had signed up for the beverage package for soda, water and non alcoholic drinks. My husband went to get some iced tea and I gave the bar service person the card for a ginger ale. When the server came back my husband was there and he told me that my husband better drink the ginger ale and not me in a very demeaning manner. I told him to go about his business. I do understand that the card is meant for the person it is assigned to but how did he know who was going to drink the ginger ale? I had to iced teas in front of me. We did tell the food and beverage manager and the server was spoken to (we saw it). Otherwise the cruise was the best ever!

Thank you for the photo's they were amazing and made we wish we were back on board for another 12 days!:eek:

We just came off the Silhouette and loved AQ class. Especially for Blu and for Beliz and Ana. Wonderful staff that makes you feel like you do not want to leave!

Only one rude server we encountered. A bar service person at the buffet upstairs. My husband had signed up for the beverage package for soda, water and non alcoholic drinks. My husband went to get some iced tea and I gave the bar service person the card for a ginger ale. When the server came back my husband was there and he told me that my husband better drink the ginger ale and not me in a very demeaning manner. I told him to go about his business. I do understand that the card is meant for the person it is assigned to but how did he know who was going to drink the ginger ale? I had to iced teas in front of me. We did tell the food and beverage manager and the server was spoken to (we saw it). Otherwise the cruise was the best ever!

Thank you for the photo's they were amazing and made we wish we were back on board for another 12 days!:eek:

On the Bar Service person: what a creep! I hate it when someone is like that. Glad you reported him.

I know, I wish we were back aboard for another 12 day cruise... I hate that she won't be back here next year.

I guess I'll have to give Summit a try... at least she has AQ class now!

Beliz is amazing... so cool to see that she has so many fans!

Cheers,

Paul

Absolutely amazing review!

Helicopter...!!

However... I wish the ship was as good as the review.

Celebrity Silhouette, whatever her itinerary, should be your next ship choice!

Unfortunately it will not.

We were on the Eclipse (the best Solstice class ship) immediately after HAL Eurodam.

What a difference!

Celebrity has no promenade deck, no hydropool in spa, pool/sun deck was a zoo on sea days (too small for this ship), no proper afternoon tea, poor shows.

The things we enjoyed most of all on the Eurodam were absent on the Solstice class.

The Silhouette is the further reduction: the Hot glas show is gone - you get another extra charge eatery instead. The grass lawn ruined by $$ cabanas.

Celebrity is getting a loooong break now.

Absolutely amazing review!

Helicopter...!!

However... I wish the ship was as good as the review.

Unfortunately it will not.

We were on the Eclipse (the best Solstice class ship) immediately after HAL Eurodam.

What a difference!

Celebrity has no promenade deck, no hydropool in spa, pool/sun deck was a zoo on sea days (too small for this ship), no proper afternoon tea, poor shows.

The things we enjoyed most of all on the Eurodam were absent on the Solstice class.

The Silhouette is the further reduction: the Hot glas show is gone - you get another extra charge eatery instead. The grass lawn ruined by $$ cabanas.

Celebrity is getting a loooong break now.

Sorry you had such a bad time on Celebrity Eclipse. We definitely plan on cruising on all the Solstice class ships... we loved the two we've been on so far... especially Silhouette. Best Celebrity ship yet!

Cheers,

Paul