Another Early Savers Question

duncmelsmom

So far I have received $120 in on board credit for our July 14 cruise. I constantly check this website for a reduction in price:

http://www.carnival.com/bookingengine/fareviewer

I guess since it's 3 months away, there's no longer an Early Savers price listed. Does the deal hold true for ANY price for the cruise?? In other words, there are categories called "Fun Select" and "Summer is on Sale" and "Fun Saver" prices. Could they possibly come down in price below the Early Saver cost that I paid?

I'm surprised Early Saver is gone (I'm a newbie to this cruise thing)-

(thanks in advance)

Early saver goes away 3 months before sailing on short cruise 5 months before 6 day and longer, you can price match your ES booking to any deal where you can choose your own cabin and up to 2 days before you sale.

If a category above your one becomes cheaper you can claim against that also but you may loose your cabin to the higher category "Upgrade"

Fun Saver is a "guarantee" Carnival will select your cabin,all sales that are a Guarantee you cant price match your ES booking to.

Den

Don't worry, prices can go down even after the ES rate disappears. If there is a sale... If the ship is not selling well... Around final payment, after final payment. I have had $180 in price drops since the ES rate went away, and it would have been more if I had stayed in an Ocean view instead of upgrading to balcony. :D

You can price match to any rate that you qualify for, as long as its the same category (or usually) a higher category (i.e. if booked in a 4A can price match to a 4A or above), but you (usually) cannot price match to a guarrantee rate (pack and go) or a lower category.

I guess since it's 3 months away, there's no longer an Early Savers price listed. Does the deal hold true for ANY price for the cruise?? In other words, there are categories called "Fun Select" and "Summer is on Sale" and "Fun Saver" prices. Could they possibly come down in price below the Early Saver cost that I paid?

I was also wondering that. Right now the Fun Select is $250 more and Summer is on Sale is $200 more than my current rate, so they'd have to drop quite a bit for me to get another credit. Guess I won't be checking the FareViewer multiple times a day any more.

Early saver goes away 3 months before sailing on short cruise 5 months before 6 day and longer, you can price match your ES booking to any deal where you can choose your own cabin and up to 2 days before you sale.

If a category above your one becomes cheaper you can claim against that also but you may loose your cabin to the higher category "Upgrade"

Fun Saver is a "guarantee" Carnival will select your cabin,all sales that are a Guarantee you cant price match your ES booking to.

Den

Thanks Den... your reply here answered the question I asked this morning on a different thread. :)

I had asked if I would have to give up my room if I tried to price match the Fun Saver rate. Now I know not to even look at that rate.

Don't worry, prices can go down even after the ES rate disappears. If there is a sale... If the ship is not selling well... Around final payment, after final payment. I have had $180 in price drops since the ES rate went away, and it would have been more if I had stayed in an Ocean view instead of upgrading to balcony. :D

You can price match to any rate that you qualify for, as long as its the same category (or usually) a higher category (i.e. if booked in a 4A can price match to a 4A or above), but you (usually) cannot price match to a guarrantee rate (pack and go) or a lower category.

Which rate dropped that much? Fun Select? Or was it one of the sales? I have an OV booked, so maybe I'll get lucky since you said the OV prices dropped more.

I definitely won't be upgrading to a balcony since they're only available in the suites on the Paradise.

If you book Early Saver , from the time you book until 2 business days before sailaway, you are entitled to fare drops in the ES rate (as long as it's offered) -AND- for ANY of the promo rates that you are eligible for;

if you're a Past Guest and the Past Guest Rate drops below your ES Rate, you're eligible for the drop,

if you're a Senior and the Senior Rate drops below your ES Rate, you're eligible for the drop,

if you're a yourstate Resident and the Resident rate for yourstate Rate drops below your ES Rate, you're eligible for the drop,

if you're Military qualified and the Military Rate drops below your ES Rate, you're eligible for the drop (Carnival now displays the Military Rate in the advanced search).

You cannot directly price match Early Saver to a "Guarantee" rate like FunSaver, Pack-and-Go, etc; however (generally) if the rate for the Guarantee CATEGORY (OV, BL, ST) above your ES Category drops below your ES rate, then you can give-up your assigned cabin for a guarantee cabin in the higher Category and get OBC for the difference; some have reported that they did not have to give-up their cabin, others have had to. You remain Early Saver.

To price-match Early Saver to an OBC or Cash-Back Sale, subtract the OBC or Cash Back from the Sale rate – if the resultant rate is less than your ES rate, then Carnival will generally let you “Buy UP” to the sale rate and give you the OBC or Cash-Back. You remain Early Saver.

The Early Saver Booking is generally withdrawn 5 months before sailaway for cruises 6 days and longer, and 3 months before sailaway for cruises 5 days and shorter.

ken

Archived