Booking advice, please!

scottishgirl87

Hello all,

Long story cut short, most of my family (14 people) are booked on the NCL Epic on the 16th September 2012 from Barcelona. I think they paid around £540pp for an Inside cabin with $200 onboard credit per cabin.

My other half and I refrained from booking as we didn't think we could afford to go. Now it's getting closer and closer I'm finding it more difficult that my whole family is going on a cruise and I'll be stuck at home! Other half has finally relented and said we can go, yay!

Now, we were on the Epic last October and paid £550 each with $100 onboard credit per cabin, obviously my family's deal this year is slightly better. Unfortunately that deal is no longer available and due to this weekends sale the best price I'm finding is £490 with $50 onboard credit.

I've seen deals for the Epic for this month and next at ridiculous prices of £300-£400 pp. So what should I do? Should I get it booked before this sale ends or should I hang off and see if prices continue to fall? Help! I know its like asking how long is a piece of string but I'm really torn on what to do for the best!

You don't say how many days the cruise is so it's not possible to know if it's a good deal or not.

£490 less $50 (£31.50) = £458.50

£550 less $100 (£63) = £487

So you've got a better price this year than last. Forget what your family have paid, I would get it booked.

You don't say how many days the cruise is so it's not possible to know if it's a good deal or not.

£490 less $50 (£31.50) = £458.50

£550 less $100 (£63) = £487

So you've got a better price this year than last. Forget what your family have paid, I would get it booked.

Thanks for the reply, Ray. It's a 7 night cruise. Like I said I'm seeing the same cruise this month and next for under £400. September is usually classed as the same season as May, I think, so I just don't know whether to hold out or not.

Thanks for the reply, Ray. It's a 7 night cruise. Like I said I'm seeing the same cruise this month and next for under £400. September is usually classed as the same season as May, I think, so I just don't know whether to hold out or not.

You're not helping by quoting ticket prices pp in £ and OBC in $ per cabin :confused:

But by my reckoning :

Your family this yr paid £540 minus half of $200 = £474 net

The current price this yr is £490 minus half of $50 = £474 net

So you'll be paying the same as the others.

And last year you paid £550 minus half of $100 = £516 net.

So I don't see your problem.

Will the price come down closer to the day?

Possibly - and you might save a few pounds.

Possibly not - and if you want to go you'll have to pay more.

Or possibly it'll book-out & you won't be going at all.

Do you want to cruise with the family? In which case, stop faffing around & get it booked.:rolleyes:

Or do you just want to cruise? In which case hang out for a better deal if you want to. Mebbe on a different date, a different cruise, a different ship, a different cruise line.

If the price doesn't include flights, you'll burn your savings & a lot more on top by booking flights late.

JB :)

Archived