HELP! LOTS of ?'s- Revelations vs. Dream Tours

PamIam

I am researching a tour from Cannes to Monte Carlo with either of these tour companies and really need your help/suggestions with planning. Both companies have really good reviews from CC. Looking at stops in Eze, St Paul, Monte Carlo, La Turbie.

1. Revelations does not go to Monaco's Old Town anymore due to parking issues, and time constraints with a day tour. Is old town a must see?

2. Dream Tours stops at Perfumery....my DH could probably live with out this...but for those who did this tour ...what are your thoughts?

3. Guides interaction with group. Do they stay with the group in Eze, St Paul, and Monaco or do you do parts of the tour independently?

4: Anything else I need to know about either of these companies?

Thank you in advance for your help, I really appreciate it! :o

I am researching a tour from Cannes to Monte Carlo with either of these tour companies and really need your help/suggestions with planning. Both companies have really good reviews from CC. Looking at stops in Eze, St Paul, Monte Carlo, La Turbie.

1. Revelations does not go to Monaco's Old Town anymore due to parking issues, and time constraints with a day tour. Is old town a must see?

2. Dream Tours stops at Perfumery....my DH could probably live with out this...but for those who did this tour ...what are your thoughts?

3. Guides interaction with group. Do they stay with the group in Eze, St Paul, and Monaco or do you do parts of the tour independently?

4: Anything else I need to know about either of these companies?

Thank you in advance for your help, I really appreciate it! :o

We used Alain from Dream Tours a few years ago out of Monaco. We discussed the various tour options & came up with a price & schedule that was good. We too did not want to stop at a 'Perfumery', having visited a few on prior trips. Alain was very flexible & modified a tour within our time constraints & expectations. The guide did not stay with us in Eze, or LaTurbie, he left us off & we agreed to a pickup time & place. He took us to the major sites in Monaco, then a walking tour at the end of the day. We stopped several times for photo ops during the day & Alain was very knowledgeable and fluent in english. I find for the most part a good guide/company will ask what you prefer and will be open to the amount of interaction you require. Alain may suggest choosing either StPaul or Eze (being similar) replacing it with a quick stop elsewhere. Monaco is a beautiful walking city....you may have a tight schedule..the company will inform you of your best options. One thing is certain, there is never enough time!!!!

canuck: Did you do one of the standard tours as presented on the website-- or did you do a private tour?

We emailed DreamTours to arrange a shore excur. from Monaco (2pax)...we discussed the website packages and came up with our itinerary which was a variation of one that they offered. It included Eze, Nice, Turbie, Monaco. A month or so later they e-mailed to ask if we would like to have another couple (from our cruise) join us, which we said yes. I think the cost was 450E which we divided, plus tip. Now we are more familiar with CC and frequently share tours from people on our Cruise RollCall...

One thing to keep in mind is to book your tour ASAP they fill up fast..

We emailed DreamTours to arrange a shore excur. from Monaco (2pax)...we discussed the website packages and came up with our itinerary which was a variation of one that they offered. It included Eze, Nice, Turbie, Monaco. A month or so later they e-mailed to ask if we would like to have another couple (from our cruise) join us, which we said yes. I think the cost was 450E which we divided, plus tip. Now we are more familiar with CC and frequently share tours from people on our Cruise RollCall...

One thing to keep in mind is to book your tour ASAP they fill up fast..

Thank you for the advice. I did go with Dream Tours and am putting a private group together.

• 2 weeks later...

We used Dream tours and had a wonderful experience. We set up a private tour of Cannes, Nice, Antibes, Eze, and St. Paul. It was a full day but very worth it. (Monaco was a different port stop). Jean Marc met us at the boat, explained the different towns, told us the best places to visit and shop and was very accomodating. We did go to the perfumery because I thought it would be interesting, but it is not worth the time. St. Paul was a much nicer visit than Eze, and it was Alain who urged us to stop there. Great job.

Is Jean Marc another person who does the tours? Or does he just do the meet and greet and then deliver you to Alain? I keep hearing the name Alain-- that he's very good-- but surely he can't do ALL the tours? Or is that not correct?

dunkin: Did you like Cannes? That'll be our port stop before disembarkation in Monte Carlo. We'll be doing the ship's excursion to St Paul (again St Paul-- we like it a lot), but we'll have plenty of time to do other things in Cannes itself. E.g. I'd be interested in hearing from folks who've gone out to those little islands. (We have no interest in shopping.)

Pam: did you like Turbie a great deal?

Have any of you been to Peillon?

Thanks all.

Is Jean Marc another person who does the tours? Or does he just do the meet and greet and then deliver you to Alain? I keep hearing the name Alain-- that he's very good-- but surely he can't do ALL the tours? Or is that not correct?

dunkin: Did you like Cannes? That'll be our port stop before disembarkation in Monte Carlo. We'll be doing the ship's excursion to St Paul (again St Paul-- we like it a lot), but we'll have plenty of time to do other things in Cannes itself. E.g. I'd be interested in hearing from folks who've gone out to those little islands. (We have no interest in shopping.)

Thanks all.

We have not gone on the tour....it is planned for Sep 3, 2012 the day we are at Cannes. I posted the tour on our roll call and we have 3 other couples joining us and sharing the costs. Alain does tours himself as well as his associates. All have received good reviews through CC. The tour share has worked out extremely well. I have organized private tours in our 3 Italy stops as well as Turkey. Definitely looking forward to a more personal tour.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks all.

poss:

Just had a fantastic & full day tour with Deam Tours in early May. In my case, it was Alain with whom I exchanged many emails and loads of advice & self-designed a private tour. Our guide for the day was Frederic (aka Fred) and he was super. I especially appreciated the level of communication that had obviously occured between the two of them prior to the tour.

You asked about La Turbie:

Based upon the itinerary planned and our interests, Fred suggested we also go to La Turbie. It was my favorite stop...terrific views of the coast from Monaco to Nice and out to Cap Ferrat, wonderful nearly empty streets to wander up to the Trophee des Alpes.

Another poster mentioned St Paul de Vence. I enjoyed it much more than Eze which IMHO was somewhat touristy. Someone on this forum commented awhile back that St Paul is where the french go on a sunny Sunday. In our case it was a beautiful sunny Sunday and many I spoke to were indeed from nearby areas who had come for lunch & a stroll.

Martha

Archived