Canada Day In Vancouver

kendy

We will be arriving in Vancouver June 30th for A RCCL Cruise July 2nd. I understand that July 1st is Canada Day and there is "lots" of extra stuff going on. Can anyone tell me what type things, Where to find out about the things going on, if there will be fireworks,and so on.

Thank you!

We will be arriving in Vancouver June 30th for A RCCL Cruise July 2nd. I understand that July 1st is Canada Day and there is "lots" of extra stuff going on. Can anyone tell me what type things, Where to find out about the things going on, if there will be fireworks,and so on.

Thank you!

In the city, there are no longer fire works on Canada Day! However, they do have an all day celebration at Canada Place (cruise ship terminal). Little shows, food, clowns that type of thing.

Well I just read in a local paper yesterday that there will again be fireworks on July 1. They will be held at Ambelside Beach which is in West Vancouver, which is across the harbour and out under the bridge from the Cruise Ship docks. Viewing wiull be easy from just about anywhere around the West End or western Stanley Park seawall. subject to change by politicians and or bureaucrats but as of yesterday.....!

Oh I am so glad you are back! Did you take a big trip?

Are there any activities in Vancouver for Canada Day other than at Canada Place? We will be at the Hyatt and leaving on Sat. from Ballentyne Pier. ALSO

Is there a ferry that goes to N Vancouver and would there be interest in doing that besides seeing the harbor?

Thanks

Lynette

I have been here and lurking.NIce that someone missed me! LOL

Each community has it's own celebration. The one in Ambleside-West Vancouver- is very nice. Easy to get to-the bus stop is in front of the Hyatt. Take any Blue Bus(West Van) that stops on Georgia and ask hime to let you off at Ambleside. There are wonderful shops and places to eat. If you want to do some shopping before-there is a huge Mall called Park Royal.

To take the Sea Bus to North Vancouver-go down Burrard(where The Hyatt is) and when you hit the water turn right. You will see an old train station and that is where you catch it.When you get off the Sea Bus there is a market-go have lunch there and explore.If you want to take the Sky Train-there is also a station right by The Hyatt-get off at Waterfront Station and than catch Sea Bus. Almost everything requires exact change-transit doesn't give change.

Have fun!

I have been to Vancouver previously.

I went to Stanley Park on the Carriage ride which was great.

We also went up to Grouse Mounting, gorgeous at Sunset.

This year we will take the ferry to Victoria Island they say its gorgeous there.

OK If the fireworks are in Ambleside on the N vancouver side,...... Then where would be the BEST place to see and hear them.. Should we time our trip to N Vancouver to be on that side for the fireworks or should we be on the other, regular Vancouver side, and if so....WHERE?

Also any idea what time do you think they will do the fireworks?

Also Is there a Water taxi from close to the Hyatt that goes around Stanley Park to Granville Island?

Thanks

and it is also a beach. The best place would be on the beach and the usually start at 1015pmish. There are bands and food etc..

You can catch a bus right to Ambleside or catch the Sea Bus to North Van and take the bus from there.

Archived