Tampa / Priceline HELP!?!

injunjoe

Looking for a post-cruise hotel near the Tampa airport for 1/12/06. There must be something in town then as the rates are much higher than or pre-cruise stay. What minimum rating should I go with to avoid an undesirable place and can I specify the airport area on Priceline? Can I try and lowball my way up and increase my bid or do they frown upon that? Is there a web page that explains Priceline bidding strategy?

Thanks,

Injun Joe

Joe, I want to be as helpful as I can, but I don't want to repeat lots of details that I have just posted in the past week. Go to my profile and look at recent posts dealing with Priceline and you will find everything you need to know. If the rates are high for your dates, then you certainly won't be successful by lowballing it. But you have plenty of time, so play with it. You just never know what will happen.

The airport area in Tampa is Westshore. You probably will be happy with anything 2 1/2 stars or higher. Why not call the Tampa CVB or look for their web page to see whats doing that weekend?

Looking for a post-cruise hotel near the Tampa airport for 1/12/06. There must be something in town then as the rates are much higher than or pre-cruise stay. What minimum rating should I go with to avoid an undesirable place and can I specify the airport area on Priceline? Can I try and lowball my way up and increase my bid or do they frown upon that? Is there a web page that explains Priceline bidding strategy?

Thanks,

Injun Joe

Hi there Injun Joe-

Just to let you know that Tampa is hosting the 2006 National Eukanuba Dog Show that weekend. The Contestants usually begin arriving 2-3 days before the big show. This is great for our economy!, but it is going to be hard to find a great deal on hotels that entire week. Good luck and Happy cruising!

Archived