Splendor Review of 4/8 Cruise

mousey

Don't ever book a room in the aft of the ship unless you have too! It was way to rocky back there for my taste. This is not a fault of Carnival of course, just a "live and learn" kind of thing.

What cabins did you have that were in the aft section and too rocky?

CruisnJenF - OMG that's funny, I actually love the pink-frosted donuts at Yum Yums!

LAdad - We booked one excursion, one of the best I've ever done through Carnival, the Sea and Snorkel Safari, it was awesome but moderately strenuous. You go on a high speed Zodiac raft ride to a little, tiny village that you walk through to reach your horses. Then you horseback ride for about 25-thirty mins. up and down a mountain (not a really high one) to a little family-owned cafe that sits right next to a really refreshing waterfall that you can swim in. After that you horseback ride back to the little village, get on your Zodiac rubber raft and take a short ride to where you can snorkel for about 1/2 hr. They give you your choice of a piece of fruit as refreshment. Then you take another short ride to another little village that is in a cove. You can swim there but there are some undercurrents. The DS and his friend are good swimmers and loved it. At this stop there is an open bar, with soda, alcoholic drinks (wine, beer, & hard stuff), water, juice (they actually use a machete to chop off the top of a fresh coconut for your to drink the coconut water from it). You can have as much to drink as you want! There is also a buffet of fresh, homemade, Mexican food. It[s hot and delicious! They give you hot, wet, face towels so you can wash your face and hands before you eat. There is food for everyone even vegetarians. I loved it. Not gourmet food, but really fresh, delicious food. We stayed there about 1 1/2 to 2 hrs. It was awesome. They have a beach shower there and bathrooms so you can clean up a bit if you want and change clothes for the ride back. I loved this but its not for people who are out of shape or little kids. I'm 65 and I was able to do it because the guys that run that excursion are absolutely awesome and helped me all the way along. Getting me on and off the horse. It was funny because the guy that was the head of the excursion adopted me as his "Aunt" and he was forever looking out for me or asking his assistants to "make sure my Aunt is okay." At one point I was carrying two plates of food, one for me and one for the DH, to a table at the place where they had the buffet and one of his assistants came running up to me (I was about to have to climb about four stone stairs up to where the tables where) and took the plates from me and said, "Let me help you Auntie." They were so sweet and careful with me. I wouldn't have been able to do this excursion without help and these guys treated me like I was a beloved older Aunt and never made me feel embarrassed about lagging behind a little. They were an amazing group of guys. Really, I'd do this excursion again in a heartbeat if these guys were still in charge of it.:D

Our other two tours were done through other independent companies before we cruised. One was a very vigorous zipline that the DH, DS (16), and his friend went on and they loved it but they said it was physically grueling. The three of them are in good shape, the DS being in the best shape of all of them and they said it wasn't exactly a piece of cake, but they had a great time anyway. They came back exhausted.

The next day the DH and DS went ATVing while the DS's friend and I kicked back at Nikki Beach. It's a restaurant that provides you with two drinks of your choice and a snack. When I think snack, I think of something small. They gave us a huge plate of food! We had the use of the beach beds and umbrellas w/tables, and the hotel pool. It was awesome. You could shop from the vendors on the beach, rent all kinds of water toys, or go para-sailing. We had an awesome time.

FishTaco - I found out after the cruise that there was a small storm in our area coming back into LA the night before which caused so much swaying. Before that it wasn't bad at all. I think you'll be fine.

I hope everyone sailing on the Splendor coming up has a great time. In spite of our sad situation with my youngest brother passing away the previous week, we were able to enjoy our cruise just as he would have wanted us to.

This will be my last post for awhile. There is someone else on the board posting a review about their trip on the Splendor. They got on while we were getting off. They may have more info re the Splendor so look out for it.

Hi here are a couple of question that i hope you can answer for me. First where is the ship at by the queen Mary? Also how did you book the ATVing riding we what to do that too. Also relax at the beach what was the cost for you at Nikki beach, How did you get their? Thank you so very much.

Hi here are a couple of question that i hope you can answer for me. First where is the ship at by the queen Mary? Also how did you book the ATVing riding we what to do that too. Also relax at the beach what was the cost for you at Nikki beach, How did you get their? Thank you so very much.

The Splendor is right next to the Queen Mary.

Archived