Anyone want to abandon Thomson ?

icon1.png Costa slash prices up to 80% - Are you tempted?

Costa Cruises have taken drastic steps to entice holidaymakers back aboard their ships this summer, with the price of some cruise holidays slashed by as much as 80 per cent.

According to reports, the cruise holiday provider has cut up to £1,000 off the price of trips aboard 15 of their most popular vessels.

Highlights include a week-long cruise along the Mediterranean aboard the Costa Deliziosa, which is now priced at just £149 per person.

Another 11-night cruise aboard the Costa Mediterranea has a similar reduction with passengers enjoying a £1,060 reduction in the price of the trip which travels via Spain, Italy, Madeira and Morocco.

The cuts come as bosses at Costa Concordia attempt to win back the trust of holidaymakers following the sinking of the Costa Concordia in January.

A total of 32 passengers died after the cruise ship hit rocks earlier this year, with the captain of the vessel now awaiting trial.

Will you be booking a Costa cruise bargain?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stevie

think flights /lifejackets and tips extra ? :rolleyes:

any views/comments ?

No doubt these will be real bargains in many respects. However, even before the Costa Concordia incident I would never have considered a Costa cruise as the reports on the Costa ambience simply didn't appeal.

You can always fined something cheaper but whether it is good value is another matter altogether.

Some people fly Ryanair....

A silver sixpence to anyone to try them (the Costa not Pasta )

I will sort by Paypall :rolleyes:

Stevie

It used to be the kings shilling Steve and no I will not be press ganged into joining the Costa cruise.:D

ps. You could always go onto the Costa forum :eek:

Only kidding We remember the last time you went over the wall .:(:rolleyes:

We were just last week docked next to the Costa Atlantica in Tortola, which looked the same ship as the Concordia, and the passengers all did a pretty good job of shoving us off the pavement in town whenever we came across them. Just something to think about if you plan to sail with Costa.:);)

Jan

We were just last week docked next to the Costa Atlantica in Tortola, which looked the same ship as the Concordia, and the passengers all did a pretty good job of shoving us off the pavement in town whenever we came across them. Just something to think about if you plan to sail with Costa.:);)

Jan

Hello Jan!! :D How are you and how was the cruise - looking forward to hearing all about it. Seems as though you had the usual congestion in Tortola! :rolleyes:

However, even before the Costa Concordia incident I would never have considered a Costa cruise as the reports on the Costa ambience simply didn't appeal.

Likewise! We were told about Costa cruises on a cruise a few years ago, how all the announcements were in several languages and English was the last:rolleyes: As we have seen, not good in an emergency:eek::eek:

I wouldn't go on them even if you paid me :)

Going to stay with Island Escape :D

What is it about Island escape that you like so much RR? I don't know anything about it. We have been on the Destiny and Celebration and know that the Spirit is similar to the Celebration and there have been plenty of reviews on here since I joined the forum about the Dream but nothing really about Island Escape except your love affair with it :). Just curious.

Archived