Anyone want to abandon Thomson ?

What is it about Island escape that you like so much RR? I don't know anything about it. We have been on the Destiny and Celebration and know that the Spirit is similar to the Celebration and there have been plenty of reviews on here since I joined the forum about the Dream but nothing really about Island Escape except your love affair with it :). Just curious.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

RR , just loves old ferries :D

try the island cruises forum as RR has full control ,even moderators will not go near that beloved forum :eek:( His PC can seek and destroy )

RR is dedicated to that ship (the good ship as he says ) He has been on the ship for eleventeen times :p

think he must know too many bar staff !:rolleyes:

wonder what his thoughts will be on IE going AI ?

Stevie

Just did a ghost booking with both Costa and Thomson for late April in the western Med and by the time you include the flights with Costa the (£149 ea) price is £900 per couple.With Thomson on the IE it is £766.00,so not as good a bargain as first appears and i am sure it would be a much nicer experience with Thomson.:)

-------------------------------------------------------------------

think he must know too many bar staff !

wonder what his thoughts will be on IE going AI ?

Stevie

You can never know too many bar staff Steve , never know when you may need one ....

Will he be sober enough to compare the AI :D

response from RR is awaited with trepidation :eek:

Stevie

ps check your virus protection before responding ;)

Why has RR got that man flu again .:p

Man Flu :eek: in abundance!!!!!! cough cough cough.

Island Escape has a Certain Aura about it...it may be an old Tub and an x car ferry..but you can't take the Charisma away from her...looking forward to next year now :D

RR not Ross Roberts

Island Escape has a Certain Aura about it...it may be an old Tub and an x car ferry..but you can't take the Charisma away from her...looking forward to next year now :D

RR not Ross Roberts

Aw, hope you feel better soon :)

RR not Ross Roberts

Sorry to hear you are poorly hope you have confined yourself to your cabin sorry room with alcohol to kill the germs............:(

You've also got to consider if the prices are so low, what sort of people are you going to get onboard? Oh, that sounds snobby doesn't it! I'm not but booze cruise springs to mind.

Nothing wrong with that, you want to feel comfortable among your fellow cruisers. You could feel just as bad on one of those so called 6 star cruises!

On of the big plus points about cruises is that you can choose a package which suits your particular inclinations and thus maximise your chances of having an enjoyable time.

We enjoyed our Transatlantic on Cunard, it was a unique experience, but on a longer trip with them the constant dressing up with Tux could become a bit of a pain for me although many people are perfectly happy with it. Basically, jacket and tie is enough for me formally but I think people should make the effort to be at least smart casual in the dining room - but that's just my preference.

Nothing wrong with that, you want to feel comfortable among your fellow cruisers. You could feel just as bad on one of those so called 6 star cruises!

On of the big plus points about cruises is that you can choose a package which suits your particular inclinations and thus maximise your chances of having an enjoyable time.

We enjoyed our Transatlantic on Cunard, it was a unique experience, but on a longer trip with them the constant dressing up with Tux could become a bit of a pain for me although many people are perfectly happy with it. Basically, jacket and tie is enough for me formally but I think people should make the effort to be at least smart casual in the dining room - but that's just my preference.

Personally, we don't do "formal", and don't go to the MD on that night, so that's why we choose Thomson, but we still get filthy looks from the dressed up peeps on Captains night when we are in the bar.... Why?

No sympathy from me

Man up :D

Cough cough ... this is really bad..... :mad: :D more sympathy please ...and a cuddle from all the ladies will help me feel much much better :p

Firefly 3050..we had the same on the spitit the year before last...why do people do that :confused:

The boardreader results ?

Stevie :)

You only mention them as you have come as high as is possible :D

as the other place is by our very own ,unbeatable ,un stoppable our...she's back look

In her rightful place but well done Steve:cool:

You only mention them as you have come as high as is possible :D

as the other place is by our very own ,unbeatable ,un stoppable our...she's back look

In her rightful place but well done Steve:cool:

:o Don't know what to say...........perhaps 'shut up' would be best and what a lot are thinking! :o

:o Don't know what to say...........perhaps 'shut up' would be best and what a lot are thinking! :o

Never ! You are our information centre :D... you keep posting and leave the inane drivel and merriment to us ;):cool:

Archived