Cruise #5221 BCN-VCE July 23 2012 - go to Milan?

farbster

This cruise ends in Venice on 8/3. Luckily, we are coming back to Italy later that month with our kids. We are ending that second trip in Venice. Seeing as my wife and I have never been to Milan, it seemed like a good idea to get off the cruise and go to Milan on Friday and return home on Monday.

Is that a decent amount of time for Milan? I called the concierge at the Westin in Milan and she said that I should not be worried about closures during that time period (8/3-5).

Does anyone have experience in driving from Venice to Milan vs. taking the train?

Is it difficult to get a train from the cruise terminal? How about a rental car? The concierge said we wouldn't need a car in Milan and that the train was a 5euro cab ride to the hotel.

Of course this is all contingent on what the airline will charge to fly out of Milan. Apparently, they don't have a contract from Milan and my travel agent is checking about the fee.

If Milan isn't a good idea, I guess we would stay in Venice and daytrip to Padua and Verona. (cue up Kiss Me Kate...)

Thanks!!

Archived