Where can you find out about Jungle Speedboats?

Fatherof3

Just go to Google and search under - jungle speedboat cancun. That's how I found out about it. The tour is about 2-1/2 hours long. You get in a little speedboat (2 seater) drive for about 45 minutes. They you get out and snorkle for a little while, then drive back. From what I could find, it costs between $45 - $55pp. I considered booking it myself, but they want payment in full. I'm taking a cruise and worry that the ship may not be able to dock in Cancun and I'll lose my money. They will give a refund if weather is bad and THEY cancel it. Hope this helps. I'm sure you'll find a lot more info on the websites.

We did this tour through NCL Sea in March. It was a blast! We booked through the ship because we hadn't decided on it in advance. Also, figured we would get a full refund if we didn't make the port. It was $60 and worth it, but if you could do it on your own, I would.

• 3 weeks later...

We did this tour when we were in Cancun this January on a land vacation and it was a ball! The tour was offered at Sunrise Marina. I don't remember what the cost was but you could probably find Sunrise Marina with a web search.

• 2 weeks later...

There is a big place down near the the middle of the hotel zone road called "Aqua World" in Cancun. If offers diving lessons, all sorts of things. We have been to Cancun about 5 times (going again in 2 wks.) but I can't recall the mile marker number - maybe around 12 or 15? Any cab driver can take you there, but better yet, just get on the public bus (CHEAP!)that runs down the whole hotel zone (go south, towards the Marriott, etc.) and you can't miss it. Tell the bus driver what you are looking for. It's on the right. They have this big, skinny sort of tower thing there. You can just walk up and sign up to go on what they call the "jungle tour". (I don't know if on cruise days they are that crowded or what. Cancun doesn't get large numbers of cruise ships like St. Thomas or even Cozumel does.) You are led through a mangrove area and the boats do NOT go very fast at all. (If you are used to riding a waverunner/Seadoo, it's NOTHING like that.) But it is a pleasant tour. The snorkeling area is nothing great, but it's o.k. (Better snorkeling from Cozumel!) There are several other companies that offer that type of ride as well. Some are up at the top of the "7", on the part of the hotel zone road that is like a causeway leading you into Cancun City. If you want to make the effort, go to a major bookstore (Travel section) & take a look at a Frommer's or other good guidebook of the area and you will probably see the "jungle tour" mentioned w/info. about it. You could also just do a search on Cancun in general and may see something about this tour. Good luck and have fun!

Archived