FCC Issue - Be Very Careful When Buying

MrPaulAR

I knew it wasn't transferable but I was thinking outside of marriage (like selling it).

My wife called in and got a much nicer rep who was able to hook her up. Just had to fax some stuff stating we were married and that I authorized her to use it. The rep also put all the OBC on my wife's S&S.

I know better next time so a little more thought will go into the purchase if both of us are on board.

You may purchase them within one week of returning from any Carnival cruise.

You can't use two on the same room. We've used two on separate rooms when traveling with close friends and family so everyone can get priority check-in. But if you look at the fine print they do not have to even give you the full obc.

We just did this for a 4 day sailing and Carnival did give us $100 off each of our rooms but only credited each room $25 instead of $50. The certificates say up to $50 3-5 day cruise. As in everything buyer beware.

You can no longer call and purchase a fcc after cruising on a ship without a fcc desk.

Currently you're Platinum ON your 10th cruise and then you get VIP embarkation.

You used to be able to call to purchase the certificates within a week of sailing on ships that do not have a future cruise desk. This has been stopped and you can only buy them on the ships.

When it says up to the amount stated it means the most you can receive is $200 but that is for a 12+ day cruise. You get $50 for the shorter cruises and then it moves up to $75 and then $100 for a 7-11 day cruise.

You can only use one certificate per cabin and the person whose name is on the certificate must be staying in that cabin.

YES! I am taking my 9th cruise in Sept and we have early boarding due to my daughter getting married on the ship. The last 3 times we have had early boarding due to some contests in the terminal that we won along with finding their early boarding passes under our seats. Not too bad that we skimmed by getting on early a lot of those cruises. Platinum here we come!:)

Interesting.

I bought one in my maiden name on our cruise in 2010 and didn't have any issues using it on our upcoming cruise, which is booked in my married name...I know it's a slightly different situation but it surprises me that they wouldn't work with you on this, especially if you have the same last name...

Archived