One week cruise and no weight gain!

Happyladi

I'm doing Weight Watchers and have lost almost 30 pounds with 15 left to go. I did not want to blow it on this cruise and come home several pounds heavier.

So I decided that there was a lot more to a cruise then the food. For breakfast I ate oatmeal or simple eggs with lots of fruit. One morning I did have corned beef hash because I really like it. I figure I can have pastries and pancakes anytime so I avoided them.

For lunch I had a few favorites but never over did it and didn't waste calories on ordinary stuff that wasn't healthy.

I had a before dinner drink most nights but used sugar free mixers. Royal Caribbean has a healthy menu called Vitailty. I choose it for 5 of my 7 dinners. On lobster night I had 3 lobster tails ( it's a favorite) but kept the butter down. I had the light deserts but always tasted my husband's.

I snacked on fruit. I never went hungry and probably ate between 35 to 40 WW+ points a day( I get 26 plus my weeklies).

And nothing beats coming home and weighing the same as the day I left! :)

• 2 weeks later...
I'm doing Weight Watchers and have lost almost 30 pounds with 15 left to go. I did not want to blow it on this cruise and come home several pounds heavier.

So I decided that there was a lot more to a cruise then the food. For breakfast I ate oatmeal or simple eggs with lots of fruit. One morning I did have corned beef hash because I really like it. I figure I can have pastries and pancakes anytime so I avoided them.

For lunch I had a few favorites but never over did it and didn't waste calories on ordinary stuff that wasn't healthy.

I had a before dinner drink most nights but used sugar free mixers. Royal Caribbean has a healthy menu called Vitailty. I choose it for 5 of my 7 dinners. On lobster night I had 3 lobster tails ( it's a favorite) but kept the butter down. I had the light deserts but always tasted my husband's.

I snacked on fruit. I never went hungry and probably ate between 35 to 40 WW+ points a day( I get 26 plus my weeklies).

And nothing beats coming home and weighing the same as the day I left! :)

That is awesome!!! It really is possible to be successful on our cruises. DW and I had similar success. Way to go and keep working towards your goal!!!

Congrats! You deserve a pat on the back for that! Great job!!!:D:D:D

We try to get toward the back of the ship and walk everywhere. We try not to take the elevators except for formal night when I'm in heels. Works wonders, every time. We only eat one serving at dinners, except for the lobster like you and just don't overdo it.

Archived