Flight says it is into Civitavecchia (CIV) not Rome

Perki

It looks like our flight with the cruise line is direct into Civitavecchia not Rome is it worth paying for transportation into Rome to stay the night and do some sightseeing one night prior to the cruise? Or should we just stay in Civitavecchia and if so any recommendations where to stay and what to see while there? It will be end of May so not sure the weather. Thank you!

It looks like our flight with the cruise line is direct into Civitavecchia not Rome is it worth paying for transportation into Rome to stay the night and do some sightseeing one night prior to the cruise? Or should we just stay in Civitavecchia and if so any recommendations where to stay and what to see while there? It will be end of May so not sure the weather. Thank you!

Well, either you or the cruise line have made a mistake, because Civitavecchia doesn't have an airport!

wow that was from the cruise line (Regent) and I even called and asked if that is what CIV meant for an airport code and they said yes...crazy, guess I'll work off that it will be Rome and get a hotel there and transfers thanks

I think that because you have chosen the cruise line to make your travel arrangements, they will take you from the airport to Civitavecchia (by cruise line shuttle?).

I am not sure what your arrangements are, did the cruise line book you a hotel for the night as part of your package or is that up to you?

To answer whether you should go to Rome for the night or stay in Civitavecchia, it depends on when you get in and when you need to be on the ship. It takes 1 1/2 hrs (approx) to get Civitavecchia from Rome and costs about 120 euros (unless you take a train and drag your luggage with you). Will you be too jet laged to enjoy a whirlwind jaunt in Rome? Or, you can take a stroll on the beach in Civitavecchia and be relaxed when you get on board.

Archived