Pompei, Sorrento and Capri

fcleiser3

We looked at the capri/pompeii/sorrento tours extensively and almost booked this exact tour for october 2011, as we really wanted to see all 3 places. We decided to book the same excurion through our cruiseline because the rome in limo tour basically ended in sorrento and getting to capri and then back to naples was on our own. We found out from others on the board and reading info that the ferrys can be very busy in high tourist seasons and have to really coordinate getting tickets so you get back on time.

We were off Celebrity solstice in October and the day we were there several ferries were cancelled to Capri because of inclement weather (ours was in the morning and went as scheduled)

It really was not enough time in sorrento and capri for me, but I do think it is the best option for seeing everything if only there for one day. Something I did not realize till we were there is that on these tours you do not see the Amalfi Coast at all, just the Sorrentine coast.

Hope this helps a little bit!

Archived