Claiming the Per Diem for 3/26/12 Cruise

BillC

Was talking to Royal Guest Relations this morning trying to figure out our credits from the terminated Quest cruise, and learned that you need to claim

the $150 per person, per day allowance that was offered in Captain Karlsson's letter distributed on 4/1/12. You can do this by sending an email to "Royalguestrelations@rccl.com"

I was advised to include the types of categories that you spent (hotel, transportation, meals, internet expenses, etc.) in the note, and also include the last 4 digits of the credit card that you want to amount credited to.

Hey BillC,

Interestingly this is different to what UK Azamara are requesting, even though they advise that it is all being handled by Miami. In fact, two of us from the trip have contacted AZ UK and received two entirely different answers! Not very reassuring.

I was told that although I did have detailed receipts I only need to state what were the various categories that I had spent money on. Must admit that we made the best of it and spent more than our 6 days of per deim, and do have most of the receipts, but they said that was not required. The second speaker at the Friday update session in Singapore aid that no receipts were reqired, which contradicted what the previous Azamara "spokesman" had said. Stay tuned!

Hey both,

Yep, we rather overspent too, BillC! Our view was that we should have as good a time as possible in our slightly truncated holiday (and I think we managed!)

We stayed in three places after getting off the plane at Singapore. I've sent in my hotel invoices including one that I booked onlne via a Travel Agent and written a covering letter explaining that I also required the per diem.

The UK agent said that whilst they would send all the info on to Miami, they would honour our request for a cheque in pounds instead of crediting the money to the credit card AZ hold for me. We didn't use that credit card for most of the hotels and thus a refund to that card would wipe out thousands of frequent flier miles, which would be a bit of a bummer!

Glad to see you are home safe Rich - if Andi wants to get in touch ahead of her Downton extravaganza, by all means do so!

Thom

Archived