Camp Carnival - 8 year old

brenmommy

We will be leaving next weekend on the Carnival Ecstasy. :) My daughter is 8, and from what I understand, she will be in with the 6-8 year olds. She is more mature than her brothers who are 10 and 11. :rolleyes: Can I get her bumped up to their age group? Will she be bored with the younger kids, or do they have things for the older kids? :confused:

Thanks!

It depends ;) I have bumped a child up to the next age group so she could be with my oldest and her older brother. She was on a "trial basis". We had to ask VERY nicely. And we prepared the kids that the counselors could say no ;)

Don't demand anything. Just inquire. And prepare the kids that they will be separated. I assure you, there will be other equally mature 8 year olds in her group.

I am waiting for the day someone here posts:

"My child is eight years old and quite babyish and immature and an underachiever. Is is possible that they can be bumped down in the age groups?" :)

HAHAHAHA! Actually I have posted that I have moved my youngest down ;) she LOVED the "baby room" on Granduer. She thought that the combined 6-11 was a little much for her when we were traveling off season. So the counselors were awesome and allowed her to move between two age groups based on the activity that she wanted to do.

But I do understand what you meant ;)

"My child is eight years old and quite babyish and immature and an underachiever. Is is possible that they can be bumped down in the age groups?" :)

LOL...I'm glad I saw this thread, because I was thinking it was 5-7, then 8-11, and my daughter is 8, but my son will be 7 on our upcoming cruise...I was thinking if anything, it would be better to have my 8 year old go into the younger group, because she really is more of an immature 8 year old...but it looks like I won't have to worry about it!

Since you're cruising in late April, there probably won't be a lot of school-aged kids onboard (unless there's a big group of home-schooled ones). The age groups often are changed slightly when there's a large number of kids from when there's a small number (when some age groups may be put together to save on staff).

There could be a number of factors in place (insurance for one) that may keep the staff from being able to make changes in the list they are given (don't forget the ship will have everyone's birthdates). And I would imagine that the kids' staff hears that sentence "My child is very mature for his/her age" more times than you can guess.

Hahahaha! ;) I would've said this about my oldest. He would've needed to move down with the younger two. However, my girl is 8 going on 20. Having 2 older brothers and being the girl, she is quite mature for her age!

We are doing a little "family reunion" on a cruise in September and one of the things the kids are looking forward to is time with their cousins. We'll have three girls: an 8 year old, 9 year old and 10 year old. It would be very hard for the youngest one to be left out. Would they be more likely to agree to moving the older girls down?

My nephew is in a similar predicament...we are cruising the Carnival Breeze as a Christmas gift from my inlaws...there are 20 of us including a group of close cousins that will be 10, 10, 11 and 12 AND one that is 8, and will be 9 the week after we come back...he is going to be devestated if he does not get to be with his cousins, and if he misses the cut off by a week.

There really are a lot of factors that determine if they will allow the "bump up". It is hard to predict what they will do. I agree with Michelle ~ go in to it thinking they will be in their age appropriate groups and then if they grant the "bump up" request, it's a bonus. They will enjoy what ever group they are able to partake in! :)

Archived