What time for pickup in Venice?

account4fun

What time should we schedule a water taxi pickup from our hotel (Locanda Orseolo near St Marks) to take us the airport if we have at 12:55pm flight?

I've heard the Venice airport is a nightmare.... we are leaving on a Monday (not the same day we dock).

Thanks!

Locanda Orseolo is wonderful, Barbara makes excellent crepes at breakfast. Best to ask them or the water taxi company for their suggestion as they will have a good idea of the current airport insanity. Part of the answer will depend on if your flight is to another EU city or directly back to the US. I like to be at an airport 2.5-3 hours before an international flight.

From Europe to USA the requirement is to check in 3 hours before - it stays open until 1 hour before the flight but wouldn't leave it that late as you have to check in and clear passport control and security too.

Thecwaterctaxi drops straight at the airport but agree you need to ask them for their experience, they will know how busy it is

From Europe to USA the requirement is to check in 3 hours before - it stays open until 1 hour before the flight but wouldn't leave it that late as you have to check in and clear passport control and security too.

Thecwaterctaxi drops straight at the airport but agree you need to ask them for their experience, they will know how busy it is

so, if you are changing planes in another eu city you don't have to be @ the airport 3 hours early?

we go from Rome-Heathrow then to Boston

where is the passport check done -in Heathrow or Rome(FCO)?

so much to think about-my head is spinning...

I know the international check in recommendations are 2.5-3 hours but I was hoping for a specific comment on Venice's airport as I've heard it's really bad. Is 3 hours enough? My original thought was to have a water taxi pick us up at 9am for our 1pm flight.

Definitely a zoo! A 9am pickup sounds good, maybe even 9:30am. How long does it take to reach the airport by water taxi? 40 minutes?

We arrived at 9:30am for a noon flight to JFK on a Wednesday. Even though the lines were long and slow, we did okay with security, pasport control, etc. We had an extra 15 minutes to get a gelatto and look at duty free. However as soon as they announced 'we will begin boarding', we got in line but even that was slow ... when they announced final call, we were still in line, so it was a little nerve wracking !

Archived