civitavecchia - port transport

Received this from RCCL in response to my inquiry re if RCCL provided shuttle transportation from the ship to the port entrance in Civitavecchia. (I understand some lines do - e.g. Celebrity)

"Thank you for your inquiry. Unfortunately, we do not offer shuttle service for guest from the ship to the port entrance. This service may be provided by the port authority, you may contact them at 011-34-93-301-2244"

I would of thought every line would provide a transfer service. At least every line with the 1000+ pax ships! You might check out your roll call board to see what the others are doing, or find one of the private driver services discussed on these boards, that will probably run you at least $100+ though.

I'm not sure I quite understood the question, but I'll throw out some answers. It's about a 10 minute walk from where the ship is docked to the town of Civitavecchia. From there you can find taxis and trains into Rome.

Some taxis might also be waiting by the ship, I don't know. I did use a taxi from the Civitavecchia train station when we were returning to the ship. Last year on HAL, there was bus service to Civitavecchia but I don't remember if it was sponsored by HAL or the port authority.

Last year Royal Caribbean were running a shuttle service to "downtown" ie. the dock gates, at a cost of $5pp one way. What a rip-off!! The port authority runs a frequent service which is free of charge, so there was no need to have paid RCCL for the same service. It takes only 5-10 minutes to walk

It sounds as though RCCL have discontinued their own shuttle

Archived