Marriott Biscayne Bay

Fins33

My DH and I have booked a room at the Marriott Biscayne Bay, pre-cruise. Has anyone stayed there...thoughts? What restaurants, shops are within walking distance? Thank you for any information that you are able to provide. :)

We were booked there two years back for a cruise we had to miss. I don't have personal experience but heard very good things about it from people who have and that's why we booked it.

I'm sure others can give you better information. Have fun! :)

It is a very nice hotel. It is next to a Doubletree Hotel and there is an area between the two hotels with shops and places to eat. There are also a few other choices for food within walking distance, I also hear that the hotel restaurants are not bad either. If you get lucky and have a higer floor try and get a room that faces the POM. You will be able to wake up and see your ship in the morning.

The bar/restaurant in the lobby of the next door Doubletree is a very good option, or walk 2 blocks to Biscayne & 18th and dine at Bin 18; great food and an extensive wine and craft beer list. :D

The bar/restaurant in the lobby of the next door Doubletree is a very good option, or walk 2 blocks to Biscayne & 18th and dine at Bin 18; great food and an extensive wine and craft beer list. :D

Thanks for refreshing my memory about Bin 18. I could not remember that for the life of me earlier. :)

We have stayed at both. They are connected on the bottom floor and there are some shops and restaurants. They have a grocery/deli store that was very convenient in the morning for fresh coffee and muffins. Not cheap but good for a quick bite before heading to the ship. I actually preferred the Doubletree- the room was very big with an actual balcony with 2 chairs. Not a big one, narrow and long but you could go out there and sit down. The Marriott had a nice room but smaller with no balcony. I thought it had a balcony when I booked it but you couldn't go out on it. You could access it with a sliding glass door but there was maybe 2 feet of a floor, maybe less. I think I only got 1 foot out there..:eek: The views are great from both places, especially seeing the lights at night. At the Doubletree they parked our car for us and brought it to us when we needed it. Can't opt out of the valet parking, I think it was 26.00. At the Marriott you can park yourself but the parking is in their garage which has small spaces and very confining. I hate parking garages. I would recommend the Doubletree,but again, the Marriott is very nice and we enjoyed our stay there also.

Tina

Archived