Insurance - To Buy Or Not To Buy?

LMA5876

All I can say is I purchase it if I am "crusing" and flying together. If just flying no. To say the least, the insurance has come in handy at least 3 times when we cruised. I could write a book about this.:)

I have a differing opinion here, I expect Carnival to refund me in full if they can book another person in my cabin. If the boat is still sold out a week after I cancel, I expect a full refund.

I wouldn't expect that. It's not what you agreed to when you purchased your ticket. I expect what the contract states...and if it is after final payment I expect the amount Carnival is liable to refund to me to shrink the closer we get to sail date. That is one of the reasons I purchase insurance. That is the reason my insurance reimbursed me when we had to cancel the night before a cruise due to a death in the family. It didn't matter to me if Carnival rebooked the room or not, as it was not any of my business after I cancelled. Why would you expect something other than what you agreed to when you purchased your ticket?

Well, for anyone who does not buy it and then has to cancel do not come on the board and whine how the cruiseline will not refund your fare because no one will have any sympathy for you. :).

We have used it a couple times when we have sailed during hurricane season.

Interesting. I sail 6 months from tomorrow and just tried to cancel my trip insurance through Carnival (to go with a cheaper plan) and the "remove" button is no longer there. My brother (who is on the same cruise) still has the option to remove it.

Problems with the site or is it too late for me to cancel it?

Archived