Chosen Room Changed?

Colorado Kat

I booked Carnival Imagination and chose the porthole room R28. We leave next week, and my room has been switched to R26. I do have my guest confirmation showing R28.

Can anyone think of a reason I would have been switched? (I'm trying to contact my PVP).

weird! i had that happen with the agent we booked with for June we were given a stateroom number on the same corridor just a few doors down actually when we got the confirmation from the agent it still had the original number on it but on carnivals website it has a different number ... to this day i do not know why ... :confused::confused:

I too am wondering what your pvp told you? This is what I'm worried about happening with our cruise b/c I booked one of the 'bowling alley' balcony rooms and I booked it for that specific reason so I'd be really upset if they changed our room on us. I check it often to make sure the same cabin number is still showing.

Normally, the port hole is a 1A cabin at least on other style ships. If that's the case and the R26 is a 4A than you would have been "upgraded". I haven't looked at the deck plan but because of the change of cabins that's my guess. Normally, if I book a port hole I would tell my PVP to not automatically upgrade me without confirming with me first.

Anyway, that's the only logical guess that I would have.

Normally, the port hole is a 1A cabin at least on other style ships. If that's the case and the R26 is a 4A than you would have been "upgraded". I haven't looked at the deck plan but because of the change of cabins that's my guess. Normally, if I book a port hole I would tell my PVP to not automatically upgrade me without confirming with me first.

Anyway, that's the only logical guess that I would have.

I'm confused. I just looked at them and they are side by side. Am I reading it wrong?

I'm confused. I just looked at them and they are side by side. Am I reading it wrong?

No you aren't reading the deckplans wrong they are side by side and are in the PT porthole category.

Hey look at it this way you are a little further (not by much) to away from the bow of the ship.

Cabin assignments are not guaranteed. From your contract:

(g) Specific stateroom assignments are not guaranteed. Carnival reserves the right to move Guests to a comparable stateroom for any reason, including but not limited to, instances in which a stateroom is booked with fewer than the maximum number of Guests the stateroom can accommodate; or when a partial Guest cancellation occurs and the remaining number of Guests do not match the maximum number of Guests the stateroom can accommodate.

http://www.carnival.com/cms/Static_Templates/ticket_contract.aspx?icid=CC_Footer_84

:)

Archived