Why Isn't Cave Tour Offered on Explorer during the full Day in Port?

I'm puzzled why the tour to Crystal Caves and the Aquarium wouldn't be offered on the full port day in Bermuda on the Explorer.

We'd like to go out there, my BF has never been (I have) and it would be easier for me physically to take the tour than to try and get there on our own; as I'm somewhat concerned about the possibility of waiting times/standing on the bus system. I'm pretty ok in short doses to get around (and can manage the caves) but if we got stuck having to stand around for a bus or got squashed into one without a seat it could be somewhat challenging for me.

I had decided to head out to Horseshoe Bay the morning we depart; because it seemed like it wasn't quite enough time to do the caves that day with the tour (let alone on our own). Since they don't provide transportation back to the ship, leaving you in Hamilton to take the ferry back on your own, if something went wrong I could see it being somewhat tense trying to get back to the ship on time.

Plus, if they had the tour on the full day, people would have enough time to see Hamilton, or make stops on the way back elsewhere (assuming they were doing it on their own).

We've been on NCL; me many times, and their tour options were much better overall, more varied and many more were offered on all days. I'm really kind of disappointed about this.

Does anyone have insight why it's scheduled this way?

When you add in the fact that I haven't even been able to pre-book any spa appointments that I want (all sold out already), and that there is only 1 specialty restaurant on this boat, and the shows seem rather non-eventful; it's shaping up to be a far less interesting experience overall already. I hope, that I'm wrong and don't regret switching over from NCL.

I'm puzzled why the tour to Crystal Caves and the Aquarium wouldn't be offered on the full port day in Bermuda on the Explorer.

We'd like to go out there, my BF has never been (I have) and it would be easier for me physically to take the tour than to try and get there on our own; as I'm somewhat concerned about the possibility of waiting times/standing on the bus system. I'm pretty ok in short doses to get around (and can manage the caves) but if we got stuck having to stand around for a bus or got squashed into one without a seat it could be somewhat challenging for me.

I had decided to head out to Horseshoe Bay the morning we depart; because it seemed like it wasn't quite enough time to do the caves that day with the tour (let alone on our own). Since they don't provide transportation back to the ship, leaving you in Hamilton to take the ferry back on your own, if something went wrong I could see it being somewhat tense trying to get back to the ship on time.

Plus, if they had the tour on the full day, people would have enough time to see Hamilton, or make stops on the way back elsewhere (assuming they were doing it on their own).

We've been on NCL; me many times, and their tour options were much better overall, more varied and many more were offered on all days. I'm really kind of disappointed about this.

Does anyone have insight why it's scheduled this way?

When you add in the fact that I haven't even been able to pre-book any spa appointments that I want (all sold out already), and that there is only 1 specialty restaurant on this boat, and the shows seem rather non-eventful; it's shaping up to be a far less interesting experience overall already. I hope, that I'm wrong and don't regret switching over from NCL.

What day of the week are you talking about? If it the Crystal Caves and the Aquarium are open, why not just hop a bus? The public transportation is wonderful. I don't remember waiting a lot and I am in my mid 60s and post 4 strokes and other heath problems so if a there was a lot of walting, I would have remembered. I hope you have a great cruise. I have done both RCI and NCL and I think you cannot go wrong.

Archived