I know this has been done before but....

OK I know that there have been posts about amusing or interesting things seen on cruises before but sometimes something may justify a new thread. On our last cruise I got on an elevator to the Lido deck as soon as I embarked to meet the rest of my party. There was a group of elderly ladies onboard and a man in a black suit.

The ladies kept asking the guy things about the lay out of the ship and he kept saying he was sorry and couldn't help them. In that short time it elevated to one of the ladies telling the guy he was either incompetent or just too new. He was flustered and she was really mean to him. She demanded to know where his name tag was. He was so flustered and turning red and could just sputter that he didn't know the ship, he had never been on a cruise, he didn't work for Carnival, and he was the GROOM. He actually apologised that they didn't have a name tag for groom. Poor guy. He was just trying to get married and these people made his day so much more stressful.

These ladies didn't even say they were sorry or congratulate him. I helped him find his party and their way to the ceremony room and boy was he grateful.

Same cruise- we were on the Serenity deck and a couple was sitting near us who were using the water slide a lot like we were. The gentleman was about 6 foot 7 and went up to the twisty slide. He didn't come back for almost an hour. Turned out the water shut off and he had to crawl his way out. Yet he wasn't afraid to use the slide again. I never went back on it.

Sorry if this had already been said, but thought it was worth sharing.

OK I know that there have been posts about amusing or interesting things seen on cruises before but sometimes something may justify a new thread. On our last cruise I got on an elevator to the Lido deck as soon as I embarked to meet the rest of my party. There was a group of elderly ladies onboard and a man in a black suit.

The ladies kept asking the guy things about the lay out of the ship and he kept saying he was sorry and couldn't help them. In that short time it elevated to one of the ladies telling the guy he was either incompetent or just too new. He was flustered and she was really mean to him. She demanded to know where his name tag was. He was so flustered and turning red and could just sputter that he didn't know the ship, he had never been on a cruise, he didn't work for Carnival, and he was the GROOM. He actually apologised that they didn't have a name tag for groom. Poor guy. He was just trying to get married and these people made his day so much more stressful.

These ladies didn't even say they were sorry or congratulate him. I helped him find his party and their way to the ceremony room and boy was he grateful.

Same cruise- we were on the Serenity deck and a couple was sitting near us who were using the water slide a lot like we were. The gentleman was about 6 foot 7 and went up to the twisty slide. He didn't come back for almost an hour. Turned out the water shut off and he had to crawl his way out. Yet he wasn't afraid to use the slide again. I never went back on it.

Are you kidding me???? When we got married on Carnival a ton of nasty butt people accosted my husband for info and upgrades. And when they found out he was the groom they just thought it was tacky. Ugh. I thought that was just us, but cruisers beware- please don't treat wedding couples like crap. I had actually posted about something like this before because I thought it was funny. I didn't know how much it hurt my husband's feelings. And he's not a wimpo- not smart to "hurt" a 6 foot six Texan's "feelings" :-)

Absolutely hilarious!!! Thanks for the chuckle!:D

Archived