washington dc to baltimore

jackieN

Hi, JackieN. DC to Baltimore is about 45 miles. The webpage for the Cruise Port of Baltimore is - http://www.mpa.state.md.us/index.htm . I'm not too sure of your question as to how to get there (get from where to there) or how far is the port from the city center (which city). Just substitute the city for "where" and "there". With a bit of a clarification from you, I'll get you fixed up. ENJOY!

.Allow an hour to 1 1/2 hours due to traffic. Port of Balt. in north of the city and DC is south by 40 miles. A cab might be $100 but check w/ supershuttle to see if they will take you to the pier. I used them in Fl. and save alot. They are door to door. If friends are driving be sure to use 95 and watch for port signs after tunnel.

sorry if i didnt make myself clear we are going to fly from the uk to washington spend a few days there and then go to baltimore for the cruise, so i wanted to know how far from dc to baltimore then how far from baltimore city centre to the pier. just on a different note does any body know how i would make arrangements to take a tour of the whitehouse in washington as obviously i dont have a congressman to organise it with many thanks to you all

Re; White House: you can contact them and arrange for tour passes. They give some in advance and some you can line up on east side and enter if there is space. Try the American Embassy in London.

Travel from centre city Balt to pier is about a half hour depanding on traffic.

Good luck!

If you are staying in Washington DC for a few days, consider taking the Tour Mobile. It is a good way to see many of the monuments for one price...you can get on/off all day for about $25/person. Cabs are expensive, and the Metro does not go close to all the best signts such as the Lincoln Memorial or Vietnam Memorial.

I would lean toward taking the train from Washington DC to Baltimore, then cab or shuttle from the train station to the port. It only takes about 30 minutes, and is about $16 per person. You can go to either the downtown Baltimore station or the one at the Baltimore airport.

Archived