Just booked my first RC cruise.

I was waiting to book last minute and the price was slowly dropping. This morning there were over 15 staterooms on the deck I wanted. Tonight there were none left. I panicked and booked on another deck because I was afraid they would sell out. I am trying RC for the first time and I am so excited.

I usually book at least a year out and plan methodically. This is the first time I did a last minute booking but I was afraid to wait too long.

You are getting close! Its officially " last minute"! Probably a good idea that you booked, those short cruises sell well last minute, as anyone in FL can book a quick weekend getaway if the price is right!

Glad you will get to try it out! Have fun!

I was waiting to book last minute and the price was slowly dropping. This morning there were over 15 staterooms on the deck I wanted. Tonight there were none left. I panicked and booked on another deck because I was afraid they would sell out. I am trying RC for the first time and I am so excited.

I usually book at least a year out and plan methodically. This is the first time I did a last minute booking but I was afraid to wait too long.

Congratulations....on your first Royal Caribbean cruise........but you really did let us know what is "last minute" to you! It could be a month, or a year.

Let us know what you catagory you booked, and how many days, weeks, or months out.

We don't care what ship or exact dates......as you might want them to be kept to yourself..........but in generalities..........you could pin youself down a bit more.........especially since you are a member of CC.;)

Rick

Congratulations....on your first Royal Caribbean cruise........but you really did let us know what is "last minute" to you! It could be a month, or a year.

Let us know what you catagory you booked, and how many days, weeks, or months out.

We don't care what ship or exact dates......as you might want them to be kept to yourself..........but in generalities..........you could pin youself down a bit more.........especially since you are a member of CC.;)

Rick

Sorry, the sailing is in my signature but I can fill in some details.

I booked on 4/21 for the Monarch sailing 5/14. I booked an inside stateroom since I am sailing solo this time and do not need much room. I spend little time in the room anyway. I like the quieter decks with staterooms both above and below me. I got a great room just two decks up from what I was originally looking at.

Enjoy, my first cruise was on RC ages ago. Monarch is an old ship but its your first cruise and if you go in with moderate expectations, you will have a good time! RC is a good beginner cruiseline

Hi everyone, this will be my family's first cruise ever and we plan on booking a Cruise on the Explorer, April 2014. It's an easy drive and from what I have read, the cruiseline is great with Kids. My Little one's who will be 3 and 6 during this cruise will be able to Participate in AO. Hopefully the little one will be potty trained. We plan on booking the Junior suite. Will this be too tight for us?? I haven't even cruised yet and already my husband and I are hooked!!! I love everyone's input on these threads. One big reason why we picked to Cruise with RCCL!!!

Hi everyone, this will be my family's first cruise ever and we plan on booking a Cruise on the Explorer, April 2014. It's an easy drive and from what I have read, the cruiseline is great with Kids. My Little one's who will be 3 and 6 during this cruise will be able to Participate in AO. Hopefully the little one will be potty trained. We plan on booking the Junior suite. Will this be too tight for us?? I haven't even cruised yet and already my husband and I are hooked!!! I love everyone's input on these threads. One big reason why we picked to Cruise with RCCL!!!

I would consider starting a new thread so people could answer your questions. :p Otherwise, they might not see it down in this thread.

The Explorer is a great ship - we're sailing it for the 2nd time on Thursday!!! (Plus, we sailed her sister ship Adventure) Also, there is a thread All Things Explorer of the Seas that might help you.

Enjoy, my first cruise was on RC ages ago. Monarch is an old ship but its your first cruise and if you go in with moderate expectations, you will have a good time! RC is a good beginner cruiseline

This is my first cruise on RC. I like some of the older, smaller ships on other lines. From what I can see the Monarch is relatively the same size as the Carnival Inspiration, which I like. The smaller ships have a more personal, homey feel. I also enjoy solo cruising and do it whenever I can. I meet some wonderful people at dinner and I can do exactly what I want to do. I have nothing against the larger ships, we are looking to book the FOS in February if I like RC, and from what I have read I think I will love it. I cannot wait to try that ship too.

Welcome to the world of cruising and to CC. I think a JS will be fine for two adults and two kids. I have heard that RC has a very good kids program.

One of my favorite things to do is research and planning for a cruise. I love these boards and most people are friendly and helpful.

Explorer was my first cruise, too! You are going to love it!:D

Archived