Say goodbye to DODs and Hurricane cups

dotshub

Exactly.....geeze oh peezo.....where is the little head knocking a desk smiley???

For all those who list ships with the hurricane glasses...or promise to tell us "if" your soon to be sailed ship has them.....it doesn't relate to the topic here

Please do not EVER reply to my replies. I will reply as I feel. I do not need you to police anything that I write on these boards. What does esty stand for anyway in your perfect mind, Saint? I will converse as I darn well please!

Exactly.....geeze oh peezo.....where is the little head knocking a desk smiley???

For all those who list ships with the hurricane glasses...or promise to tell us "if" your soon to be sailed ship has them.....it doesn't relate to the topic here

Please do not EVER reply to my replies. I will reply as I feel. I do not need you to police anything that I write on these boards. What does esty stand for anyway in your perfect mind, Saint? I will converse as I darn well please!

Um yes ,Sharecruises post was a bit knowitallish but your post is really overthetopish.

Maybe you need a DOD in a hurricane glass.;)

Just off the Valor yesterday and the hurricane glasses were everywhere ...and in EVERY color too! Also, the signs for the drink specials did not have any hand written price in. They were $7.50 I think.

But seriously...who cares what kind of glass the drink comes in...

Silly I know, but I would like to have a picture taken of us with the plastic hurricane glasses with the fun sayings on them. I'm not interested in taking them home with me.

This isn't the first thread saying they didn't have them on a ship so it is quite possible the other shipd are just using up the ones they still have.

In either case you all made me break out MY Hurricane glass and make the hubby and I a Funship Special lol

Um yes ,Sharecruises post was a bit knowitallish but your post is really overthetopish.

Maybe you need a DOD in a hurricane glass.;)

Just tired, Rich, of her know-it-all attitude and snide comments on every thread. (And she left some very uncalled-for comments on a thread I started quite some time ago.) I will definitely now have to look for the hurricaine glasses and get me a few full ones as you suggest. :cool: Happy cruising!

Sargeant Schultz, I am beginning to believe you are Mr. Cahill in disguise. In my humble opinion when Uncle Bob was the boss Carnivals' product was head and shoulders above what it has been under Mr. Cahill. All he has done is cutback on numerous things we loyal customers liked, plus lower the standards in all areas, which is never a good thing. So many things have dissappeared under his tutelage there is not enough room to list them. If those shrimp came from polluted waters that is Mr. Cahills fault as he is the boss, but I tell you this they were quite tasty to me and we have some of the best shrimp in the world here on the Gulf Coast, maybe instead of Mr. Cahill being such a cheap skate, he should buy some American Shrimp since that is his customer base. Since I am a loyal customer I have every right to complain, if we don't no one will know. I prefer to stay with Carnival and hope maybe someone in Headquarters will wake the hell up and change Carnival back to the great cruise experience it used to be. It still is a good vacation just not nearly as good as it once was. There is a reason they changed the way you fill out and turn in the end of cruise experience cards. Sargeant Schultz you have a nice day, your screen name is so appropriate for your comments, you made a good choice, take this with a grain of salt it was meant to be what it is, my opinion.

It is a two way street. Many things have appeared in recent times, but nobody gives Cahill credit for the good, just the bad. You can't please all the people all the time, but you can please all of them some of the time and I think Carnival has achieved that.

The other cruise lines are free to carve out niche markets - Carnival knows what they are doing.

Just got off the Dream, and as of this week, they no longer have the Drinks of the Day or the big plastic hurricane cups they used for them.

Instead they have a "Daily Drink Special", which is in a smaller glass, at a "sale" price of $7.55 or 7.75. No more discount for refills. Another Carnival tradition bites the dust after 35 years.

Very sad.

Hey you two ... Hope the sailing was great even with the change, it'll be interesting to see what is written elsewhere on this one. Hope everyone is good, any L-R-C champs in the house?

Our next planned sailing is not until fall 2013, but it's a B2B on The Breeze, so fun awaits.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It is a two way street. Many things have appeared in recent times, but nobody gives Cahill credit for the good, just the bad. You can't please all the people all the time, but you can please all of them some of the time and I think Carnival has achieved that.

The other cruise lines are free to carve out niche markets - Carnival knows what they are doing.

Thanks for your comments I know you are a great cheerleader and do many great things for Carnival which is good. However, we will never cruise the line again even though we have almost 20 cruises in our hat all from Carnival. JH facebook has turned us off with his very mean spiritued moderators this past weekend. One thng we cannot stand is the very offensive f word from a mature woman and the monitoring from his cuz it should be from his staff or a Carnival rep, It's too bad that this has to occur. Change is always necessary but implemented in a manner that is explained probably in in a better environment. I feel bad since we have enjoyed out cruises but the leadership seems to be very insentive, I do wish JH would consider thoughtfully who he really wants as his spokespersons.

Of the "Big" 3 NCL will be the first to go bankrupt - they have come close before. Enjoy NCL while they last.

On snails, it isn't just Carnival that is TEMPORARILY not serving them. Cruise Line Conspiracy Theory book coming out soon.

For all the Carnival haters - why are you still here? Enjoy your next cruise line and start posting on those boards. Oh, that's right! There are whiners and complainers on all of them. I think that says more about the direction of society than of cruise lines. :cool:

Totally disagree...NCL just a couple of years ago got a hugh infusion of cash from Apollo and are now part owned by Apollo who also just happen to own Oceania Cruises...NCL is a private company so they don't release financials but based on many reports they have never been more profitable. They are the fastest growing main stream line and have the youngest fleet in the industry and have also become the innovators of the industry. Many of the things you enjoy on CCL and other lines were created/ first done by NCL.

Thanks for your comments I know you are a great cheerleader and do many great things for Carnival which is good. However, we will never cruise the line again even though we have almost 20 cruises in our hat all from Carnival. JH face book has turned us off with his very mean spirited moderators this past weekend. One thng we cannot stand is the very offensive f word from a mature woman and the monitoring from his cuz it should be from his staff or a Carnival rep, It's too bad that this has to occur. Change is always necessary but implemented in a manner that is explained probably in in a better environment. I feel bad since we have enjoyed out cruises but the leadership seems to be very insentive, I do wish JH would consider thoughtfully who he really wants as his spokespersons.

I'm confused. You "will never cruise the line again even though we have almost 20 cruises in our hat all from Carnival",

because of bad facebook interactions? I get leaving Carnival because of a bad cruise or bad customer service or something to do with

your Carnival cruise experience but this is a new one. You say you "feel bad since we have enjoyed out cruises "

and you won't cruise CCL because of a bad social media interaction ?Wow!

If that was the case for me because of CC, I'd never cruise again.;)

I'm confused. You "will never cruise the line again even though we have almost 20 cruises in our hat all from Carnival",

because of bad facebook interactions? I get leaving Carnival because of a bad cruise or bad customer service or something to do with

your Carnival cruise experience but this is a new one. You say you "feel bad since we have enjoyed out cruises "

and you won't cruise CCL because of a bad social media interaction ?Wow!

If that was the case for me because of CC, I'd never cruise again.;)

To each his own.

Totally disagree...NCL just a couple of years ago got a hugh infusion of cash from Apollo and are now part owned by Apollo who also just happen to own Oceania Cruises...NCL is a private company so they don't release financials but based on many reports they have never been more profitable. They are the fastest growing main stream line and have the youngest fleet in the industry and have also become the innovators of the industry. Many of the things you enjoy on CCL and other lines were created/ first done by NCL.

Yes, Apollo dumped a pile of cash into them. NCL is owned by Genting HK (50%), Apollo Management (37.5%) and TPG Capital (12.5%). Apollo used to have a 50% stake. Hmmmmm. They also keep trying to spin NCL off with an IPO, but have never quite got that together. IF they ever do, then we will see the true financials.

On a percentage basis, when you are the smallest player in the ocean, it is trivial (and meaningless) to be the fastest growing.

Many of the things NCL now does were actually created by other, and now bankrupt, cruise lines. "Freestyle" dining for one. Renaissance, I believe, gets the credit for that and even designed ships around it.

When you are the 800 pound gorilla, you can afford to let others innovate, see what works and doesn't, and improve on it. Let the others do the R&D for you.

Thanks for your comments I know you are a great cheerleader and do many great things for Carnival which is good. However, we will never cruise the line again even though we have almost 20 cruises in our hat all from Carnival. JH facebook has turned us off with his very mean spiritued moderators this past weekend. One thng we cannot stand is the very offensive f word from a mature woman and the monitoring from his cuz it should be from his staff or a Carnival rep, It's too bad that this has to occur. Change is always necessary but implemented in a manner that is explained probably in in a better environment. I feel bad since we have enjoyed out cruises but the leadership seems to be very insentive, I do wish JH would consider thoughtfully who he really wants as his spokespersons.

I fail to see what connection there is between the JH FB page and cruising on Carnival. John is on vacation and whenever he is, all kinds of posters seem to take over. Sometimes even when he isn't on vacation.

Personally, if I was offended by a FB page, I would stop reading it. If a poster offended me, I would block them. But you are entitled to your opinion.

I agree with you 100%. I posted the basic micro-econ principles that CCL uses to price their cabins and Schultz, lacking any clue about business, brushed it off and said that "They know what they are doing". Of course Schultz doesn't know what he is talking about. The people that run CCL have all taken the same basic business classes and use the same principles that all business use, Schultz simply is too arrogant to admit that he is totally ignorant about this topic.

Then he comes back again with another totally fact-less statement, that NCL will be the first to go bankrupt. Amazing since as you mentioned, NCL is a private company and doesn't make their financial records public. I don't think Schultz has stated anything factual ever.

Aww...:(

John Healds FB fanatics are pathetic. There are 3 women especially who are just insane. They never sleep. They have appointed themselves moderators and find the need to police everyone's comments morning, noon, and night. They have to lead really sad and pathetic lives. I never post there, just read it because it usually does have good info from John himself.

Don't let them bother you. John will return to FB on May 1. Just repost your inquiry then.

But trust me...I know EXACTLY what you mean.

Yes, Apollo dumped a pile of cash into them. NCL is owned by Genting HK (50%), Apollo Management (37.5%) and TPG Capital (12.5%). Apollo used to have a 50% stake. Hmmmmm. They also keep trying to spin NCL off with an IPO, but have never quite got that together. IF they ever do, then we will see the true financials.

On a percentage basis, when you are the smallest player in the ocean, it is trivial (and meaningless) to be the fastest growing.

Many of the things NCL now does were actually created by other, and now bankrupt, cruise lines. "Freestyle" dining for one. Renaissance, I believe, gets the credit for that and even designed ships around it.

When you are the 800 pound gorilla, you can afford to let others innovate, see what works and doesn't, and improve on it. Let the others do the R&D for you.

I fail to see what connection there is between the JH FB page and cruising on Carnival. John is on vacation and whenever he is, all kinds of posters seem to take over. Sometimes even when he isn't on vacation.

Personally, if I was offended by a FB page, I would stop reading it. If a poster offended me, I would block them. But you are entitled to your opinion.

True, Apollo did sell some of their NCL shares, but lets not kid ourselves they still hold the majority of the board and as such calls the shots. While NCL may not have invented the Freestyle aspect they brought it to a mega ship and revolutionized alternative dinning with the amount of different venues one can eat at. Do you enjoy HMC? You can thank NCL for that...way back in the 70's NCL introduced the private island by buying and creating Great Stirrup Cay. NCL, was the first line who had internet on their ships, the first to have a website so customers could book online, they introduced the idea of "close to home departure ports," round trip Alaska cruising, bowling on a ship, and the list goes on and on...

Couldn't have said it better myself. Many of the posters on here do not know what it was like to cruise CCL back say 2004. CCL simply shined in every area and for those of us who remained loyal customers its sad to see just how far they have fallen. The "cheerleaders," and yes I used to be one just simply don't understand...why because the majority of them have never set foot on another cruise line, or they had never cruised when CCL was on top of their game. Which brings me to this and thats the direction CCL has decided it wants to go which is obvious with the pathetic loyalty program. They want to go after the first time cruiser who is not tired of the cutbacks because generally the first timer is awe struck at being on such a massive ship for the first time they seem to think they can get more money out of the newbie and not the repeat cruiser which I think in the end will be a poor business decision. You take the repeats off the ship and that ship is sailing at 40% capacity...not saying its going to get to that, but its not going to take much more for the extremely loyal and long time customers to start leaving in masses.

I agree, but I can remember back as far as 1985. I was an adult by 1989 and Carnival sucks now compared to then. I used to love Carnival, but just like my children...I love them but can admit and tell them when they are wrong. Carnival has no edge anymore. Their ships were never the prettiest, but they had the FUN!! Not anymore...please....piped in bad music and trivia??? Please....My children enjoyed our cruise last month, but I have grown weary of Carnival. It's time to try other lines.

Aww...:(

John Healds FB fanatics are pathetic. There are 3 women especially who are just insane. They never sleep. They have appointed themselves moderators and find the need to police everyone's comments morning, noon, and night. They have to lead really sad and pathetic lives. I never post there, just read it because it usually does have good info from John himself.

Don't let them bother you. John will return to FB on May 1. Just repost your inquiry then.

But trust me...I know EXACTLY what you mean.

LOL!!! Can't you just tell that they need a life and get out more and off the darn computer??? They are comical these boards are comical. Cruise Critic has gone downhill in my opinion with all of the snarky comments and people on here that wanna telll you how to think and breathe. I mostly read and laugh, but every now and then I can't resist. I tell you the computer age has gave so many people the COURAGE to say things to people that they would never say in person....I might even be banned now for my opinion.....but guess what I have a life :rolleyes:

Archived