14 Day Adriatic Cruise Dock or Tender Ports

Can folks that have done this cruise or part of it please advise on these ports as to whether they are dock or tender ports.

Reading through numerous reviews is not giving me the info and its been a fruitless exercise to this point.

I think that 1 or 2 maybe an either or situation but again not sure.

Dubrovnik, Athens (Piraeus) Greece, Izmir Turkey, Split Croatia, Corfu, Santorini, Mykonos, Olympia (Katakolon Greece

Thanks!

Dubrovnik is a port where most large cruise ships are docked 99% of the time. You still have to get transportation into town. It is about a one half hour walk, uphill. Most ships offer a shuttle for $$$ but there is a public bus at the end of the pier.

We are also doing an Adriatic Cruise this fall, traveling on the Celebrity Silhouette, a large ship. We are docked in Corfu and tendered in Split. It has been my experience that occasionally, if there are too many ships in a port where there is a dock, the smaller ships are tendered and the larger ones are docked. This usually happens in the summer. Your itinerary should tell you whether you are tendered or docked, unless you are not on one of the larger cruise lines.

Archived