Cocoa Beach Hampton or Doubletree?

bills blasters

We stayed at the Doubletree. It was not luxurious but it was nice enough, and you can walk right out to the beach from the pool. We got a great rate on Hiltonfamilymvp, and I rebooked several times because the price kept going down each week. At checkin I got a club level upgrade for less than $10 that included hot breakfast in the restaurant and free happy hour on the floor.

Trying to decide between the Hampton Inn or the Doubletree Hotel in Cocoa Beach. Want a hotel close to the beach. Not worried about the price, more about the atmosphere.

Anyone have any suggestions.

Thanks

Claudia

Hello Claudia,

The Doubletree has just been renovated since it took a hard hit from a storm we had last year. It is on the beach and also across A1A, there is a small shopping mall with an Italian Restaurant with great food.

the Hampton Inn is surrounded with huge oak trees and has a great view, but you have to cross the street on the East side to get to it - The Hampton Inn is closer to such places as Ron Jon's, shopping, Dinosaur Store, IHOP, etc - both are very nice. If you want more information on the Hampton Inn, you can drop Stefanie a note and she will direct you in the right direction for any questions you may have. It is stefanie.mattia@hamptoncb.com

Sorry I don't have one for the Doubletree at this time, but will try and get it in the next few days and post it for anyone that wants to use it.

Hope that this will help

Always

Shirley

Thanks both of you for the information. I was mainly wondering about the condition of the hotels. I want a room with a balcony and an ocean view. I see that both of these hotels have this. The prices are fairly close also. Would be nice to be able to walk right out to the beach also.

Thanks again.

Claudia

Hi - I have stayed at the Hampton at least 4 times - Doubletree is owned by the same people. Both locations are close to the beach - and both have nice rooms. I believe that most of the rooms are ocean view - not sure if either place has ocean front....I am not aware of it if they do. Both are very nice with easy access to the beach, and there are restaurants and a supermarket across the street.....and you can walk to Ron Jon...............Hampton has always fulfilled my expectations - I have booked as many as 15 rooms there for pre and post cruises. Have fun!

Thanks Ramjet. I think I am going with Hampton. It is a bit cheaper, and I have always liked other Hamptons that we have stayed at. Are there many restaurants close by. Also, do you know how close it is to the Pier. I know it is not close enough where I would want to walk, but just wondering the distance.

Thanks

Claudia

Cruise port is north of the Hampton - about 8-10 minutes (4-5 miles) away. The hotel can arrange a shuttle if you need one........if you stay on the north side of the Hampton the ocean view is not as nice - but you can see the top of the cruise ships that are in port. Also - if you go to the beach around 4:30 in the afternoon you can see the ships come down from the port as they head to the Caribbean - really cool. They normally sail by between 4:30-5:30, depending on how many are leaving port that evening.

One correction to my last comments - there is a Courtyard by the Hampton - not a Doubletree. Both the COurtyard and Hampton are owned by the same company.

There are only a couple of restaurants including one across the street (kind of like a cafe) and I think there may be a Subway too. If you send me your email I can send you some pics I took last year when we sailed on Freedom.........my email is Ramjet1997@yahoo.com

Take care!

Archived