Yikes! Another queston! (Cabin Upgrades)

A02

Sorry to keep pestering you all.

I noticed that for only a couple hundred more dollars total - there are SS-class rooms available (they were hundreds more than this when I booked last week). I'm currently in a VA - on the rear of the ship (6165). Is it worth it to upgrade? I went through expedia. Is it a hassle to upgrade if we decided to do so - will we be charged a fee to do this?

What advantages do we have in the SS over the VA? Is the standard SS balcony as large as the large VA one I currently have off the back of the ship?

What extra amenities would we get. Does SS count as an S in terms of benefits and stuff? I'm thinking that the extra 100 square feet or so of living space would be nice, but I want a nice sized deck.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

Thanks again everyone!

An SS cabin as far as ammenities go get nothing more than what the VA cabins get. Now if you upgrade to a suite, that's different. The corner aft suites have a HUGE balcony, have access to the Neptune Lounge where there is a conceirge to help you with anything on the ship, free laundry, free pressing, corsages and boutineers for formal evenings, priority embarkation and disembarkation, priority tendering at Half Moon Cay, priority when booking reservations at the Pinnacle Grill, lets see, did I forget anything for the suites???

There is a big different between an SS cabin and an S cabin. Whether or not there is a big difference from a VA cabin to an SS cabin, I am not sure, perhaps someone else can answer that for you.

The SS verandah is larger than a VA - looks to be about double the size from the deck plans. As far as amenities go - nothing that the S Suites get.

However, an SS has a separate shower stall, jacuzzi tub with shower and double sinks in the bathroom, which was nice when there were 3 of us in the cabin.

If the difference is only a couple of hundred dollars, go for the SS - we loved ours.

According to the HAL website - it's a little over 100 sq. feet extra... which IS pretty huge. I'm still not convinced though that a larger room outweighs my triple-sized deck off the back of the boat. The view off the back is definately a plus for me.

Hmmm...

I guess my biggest concern is weather or not Expedia will charge me to upgrade... and if so - how much!

We just upgraded from an SS to an S last night through Expedia, and there was no extra charge (except of course for the upgraded cabin!). We didn't even have to make any additional payment, it was just added on to our final payment in July.

Archived