Pools on The Ships

CruiseMacKenzie

This may be a really stupid question but heck I don't know the answer so I must ask. Are the pools open? Are you able to swim in them?

I've toured several ships when they were docked in Halifax on the Canada/New England itinerary and the pools were empty in September!! Being from the East Coast we would swim as it would likely be warmer than the Atlantic Ocean. My 9 year old has been asking and I don't have an answer but knew some people that could give me one...hence these boards!!!

Thanks

I can say that when I went on the Carnival Spirit to Hawaii the depature port was Vancouver.. During our sailing days towards Vancouver it was soooo freakin' cold that no one was out on the deck but the pools did have water on them.

I know Carnival has a retractable dome I really dont know why they never used it :confused: which was really dumb since more people would have been on the deck if they had closed the retractable roof.

Princess pools are open in Alaska and some people use them. I saw more people in the aft pool when the sun was shining than inside in the covered pools. It was still pretty cool in the inside pool area. Of course, the hot tubs were in use almost any time that they were open (they were often closed for "maintenance". This was on the Diamond Princess in May 2004.

The pools on the Sun Princess are open all day and into the nite. During the day, last year, the weather was quite warm and there were many kids in the pool, with some hearty adults also. As was said, the hot tubs are open most of the time and you might need a reservation, only kidding.

We're going on the May 28 cruise. I didn't see any info on the pool(s) on the Celebrity website. Is it too cold? I guess heating it up to the mid-80's may be too much to ask for, huh? I figure it's a swimming opportunity for our family.

Archived