Can someone help me with this excursion?

pampaul

Back in 2006 we sailed on the Norwegian Dawn. When we were in Nassau, we took the boys (who were 9 & 10 at the time) on an excursion that included the Pirate Museum & Bus Tour.

I just looked over on the NCL webiste under their excursions to see if I can find the same one but I didn't find it.

Anyhow, if I remember correctly, the bus tour was first. And then it let us off at the Pirate Museum. Once we were done with the museum we walked back to the ship.

Here's my question. During the bus tour, I believe we made a few stops. I cannot for the life of me remember the name of the place that we stopped. I have 5 photos (wish I could scan them so you could see them) but I have no idea where we were. LOL

It's some type of fort I believe. I'm thinking the Queen's Staircase might be around here somewhere. But 3 of the photos that I have are of a stone wall with a cannon next to it. In one of the photos you have a clear view of the ship of in the distance. And the other two photos, each of my boys were standing in a "jail" (behind bars) I think I remember the tour guide saying something about prisoners were held here.

Can someone tell me the place these photos were taken? I'm finishing up my scrapbook (I know, I'm a little behind) :rolleyes: and this is the only set of photos that I can't pinpoint exactly where we were. Thanks!

It is Fort Fincastle. The fort and water tower are at the top of the Queen's Staircase.

I googled walking tour of Nassau and found a wonderful site with map and guide, if you think you'd like to walk the entire city instead. Nassau Walking Tour by J. ********. Sometimes names like this are deleted, so try this but with no spaces: www. b r e n t j e s / n a s s a u .com I'm not sure if this is the actual web url, but with this info you should be able to find it.

Have a wonderful trip with your boys!!

No problem! I know how difficult it can be sometimes. That's why I've taken to the habit of diligently renaming all of my pictures as soon as we get home. That way they are fresh in my mind and it also helps to extend that euphoric vacation experience a little longer! :)

Archived