83 days out and the tour is sold out !

RobynHenry

Is this common on Carnival? Due to sail on Carnival Freedom mid July and the scuba trip in Romana Santa Domingo is already sold out and has been for at least a week. Family of 8 planned this trip for a year and only 6 got reservations. Any chance they will add another boat , anyone been on here before ? Frustrating , and here I thought we were booking excursions early.

Lea

Sign up, visit shore excursion desk early/often, they probably can make it or something work for you. We had this on the Splendor to Mexico last year where there were only 2 spots left for 3 of us and they made it work.

I always thought you could not book your carnival tours until you were under 100 days. Is that not the case anymore?

Not true anymore. We have had our CCL excursions paid for (July 14, Freedom) for several months now.

OP: Sorry this has happened. Keep checking to see if they add spots (that did happen on one of ours-Flo Rider in Grand Turk) Our group took the last 9 spots and I saw they added another time so more people could participate.

Also....check for private excursions as another posted stated. Good luck!

That is encouraging sf02008, I did write to Carnival and got their "we will reply in 7 to 10 days" note. I'm hoping other divers will help us get another boat. Really don't want to go local.....we will opt to sit out :( and let the kids dive if it comes to that . For sure I will sit on their desk when we get on board.

Lea

We are just off the Fantasy and DH and MIL wanted to do stand up paddleboarding in Nassau, sold out online. When we first got on the ship I went to Shore Excursions desk to speak with a rep. She said it was indeed sold out but asked how many I was trying to get tickets for. She started a waiting list for Nassau and my name was the first on it. Name on the list on Saturday, tickets delivered to room on Sunday.:D

If it's a shared port with other ships that day, it might be a shared excursion with the other ships. If the other ships don't sell out, tickets might become available. It never hurts to ask, but always good to come up with a contingency plan.

Good luck and I hope it works out so everyone can go!

I always thought you could not book your carnival tours until you were under 100 days. Is that not the case anymore?

I've already booked 2 of my shore excursions (and 1 spa treatment) for Breeze 4/13/13. I'm just waiting for the 3rd one to become available to book and I'll be done...almost a year in advance.

Archived