South America Cruise on Celebrity Next January

seacruiserla

My partner and I are going on a South America cruise next January on Celebrity Infinity. Has anyone gone on this cruise from Buenos Aires to Valparaiso? We would appreciate learning something about the ship and what shore excursions we should consider (we are pretty active people)? It may be a bit early, but are there any LGBT cruise critic members who are planning on taking this cruise starting on January 6, 2013?

Hi there. We did that cruise in reverse from Valpraiso to Buenos Aires. It is an incredible cruise with GREAT scenery. The ports are great and we really enjoyed the hiking and seeing the penguins. Celebrity is a great cruise line and is very gay friendly. The food is exceptional I hope you have a great cruise Let us know of you have any other questions.

We did this cruise a few years back on Infinity from Fort Lauderdale to Buenos Aires ... it ws fantastic.

These are some of things we did ...

Puerto Montt Chile Booke local compamy GV Tours

Tour Puerto Montt and area – approx 8 hours with lunch. It ws fantastic in the country small towns, Lamas, Wonderull mountain views.

Punta Arena Chile Did a tour to Otway Sound with the Penquins then walked the town and had a wonderful lunch at a place I saw on the web before we left .. Restaurante La Marmita

Urshua On the pier as you come ashore and head in to town you will see bot trip that go out to the lighthouse .. we did this with sealinons and lots birds ... magic views also.

Puerto Madryn Argentina We did a ships tour with Punta Loma, Paleontological, Welsh Tea in Gaiman ... very good as you see the country and also sealions.

Punta Del Este Uruguay Great place and not large we just walked around the both its side ... very nice.

.Montevideo Uruguay Montevideo Highlights Ships Tour was very good then spent time walking around ... I love Montevideo.

Cruising in the Straits and Channels is just magic ... amazing views of the snow peaks and land just both sides of the ship.

Capehorn .. I pictured high seas and excitment (Cheated) ... when we were their it was like a 'millpond' and the ship sat beside the rock and did a complete turn for everyone to see ... we could see the house and monument to the sailors.

Buenos Aires .. fantastic place ... we rented an apartment for a week (not expensive and in the centre) ... great value and lots to see ... easy to get around by train and bus.

You will have a great time ... its a magic trip but take some warm clothing. Hope this helps

Neil

• 10 months later...

We are seriously considering this cruise. We are two fun loving women in our 50s. We have sail Oceania, carnival and crystal. Would be our first celebrity cruise. We are considering a sky suite. Anyone know anything about the cabin classes?

Any other info you can share on gay celebrity nation or the round the horn cruise much apreciated.

How about recommendation for adding Macchu picchu?

Thanks!

Myself and partner and another gay couple from Mississippi are doing this cruise. We cruise together at least once a year and this has been on our bucket list for a long time.

Infinity is a beautiful ship. We did a Panama Canal crossing in it back in 2008. Celebrity is very gay friendly and we love meeting new friends onboard.

My partner and I (we are in our early '60s and quite active) did not go on the South America cruise in January 2013 as originally planned. We went on Celebrity Xpedition and did the Galapagos instead. It was a fantastic trip - except for the lack of any other LGBT people on our particular cruise.

We are now booked for the January 5, 2014 cruise on Celebrity Infinity from Buenos Aires to Santiago. We would love to meet other LGBT people who will be on the same cruise. Also, anyone who can give us more info. about land tours would be greatly appreciated.

Celebrity has been quite gay friendly. In fact, when we were cruising from New Zealand to Australia on Celebrity Century in 2012, the captain officiated the commitment ceremony of two guys who were there as part of the Sand Pipers (gay) tour group. We were invited to attend the ceremony and reception since we became friends with the guys through our daily "LGBT cocktail hour" (no longer called "Friends of Dorothy" or whatever euphemism they used to call it) on the ship.

Looking forward to hearing from others.

Gary--

Looking forward to seeing all of you on the cruise. The following is my email address: <terrygock at aol.com> Please feel free to use it to communicate with me prior to the cruise. I check that much more often than the bulletin board.

--Terry

• 3 weeks later...
We are seriously considering this cruise. We are two fun loving women in our 50s. We have sail Oceania, carnival and crystal. Would be our first celebrity cruise. We are considering a sky suite. Anyone know anything about the cabin classes?

Any other info you can share on gay celebrity nation or the round the horn cruise much apreciated.

How about recommendation for adding Macchu picchu?

Thanks!

Hi. Saw your post on the "other" board that you and your partner have booked on this cruise. Michael, my partner, and I are from L.A. We will be on the same cruise. Looking forward to cruising with you. I have just started a G&L "Roll Call" for this cruise. Do check it out. Perhaps we can keep in touch before the cruise.

--Terry

We will be with Ralph & Fred - a couple from Mississippi in their 60's. Hope to see you at the happy hour!!

Gary--I just started a G&L "Roll Call" for this cruise. I hope you guys would join in and perhaps we can stay in touch before the cruise. --Terry

Archived