Carnival Pirate Excursion Review

ginger123snaps

We are in our mid 30's and have 4 year old twins and a 2.5 year old. My boys are really into pirates.

There were way too many people on this boat. Some people had to stand. They walked us over to the pirate boat. Once we were onboard we were offered drinks. Then they started the pirate act. First they fired off some cannons at our cruise ship. The pirates lined up all the kids and had them scrub the decks..then poured buckets of water over them while they were scrubbing the decks. Then the pirates tied up two moms and poured ice water over them. It was quite cute. Having said that I think your kids need to be a bit older then mine were to truly enjoy the experience. My twins were terrified! They cried and we felt so bad.

Also they anchor the boat so that you can jump in the ocean for a swim and its a tough swim...so another reason why I don't think this is for little ones. I wouldn't recommend this for even 5 year olds...I wish I would have waited for this excursion until my kids were around 7 or 8.

Hope this review helps you all. Oh one last note we had a really bad experience in grand cayman with one of the stores that sells pirate things. It is on a side street next to KFC and upstairs..you will notice the sign for it as you are walking to the pirate excursion. My son's toy gun broke a block away...nothing he did..and I thought it was a no brainer..take it back and they give you another one....no not here...the owner said there was nothing she could do...so I put up a bit of a fight and she finally exchanged our gun....but it wasn't pretty! If she was going to exchange it anyways why put up a fight? Just made for a sour shopping trip!

Thanks for the review! I have been scrouring the boards trying to find out more about this excursion!

I have a six and an eight year old and we are hoping to do this...

Can I ask where the pirate ships docks? Is there a beach to hang out at before and/or after? i know it says the excursion is only two hours (which is great) so we would like to be able to find a beach and someplace to have lunch too.

Any advise? TIA!!

Thank for this review. I know my husband had talked about doing this, and it looks fun from land-but I agree, probably not for the little ones. Sounds like something a 10 and 12 year old would like.

Unfortuneatley, customer service int he states is like this too. We are told to say no, then escalete the problem if the customer isn't happy, then the supervisor puts the customer on hold for a while and then states something to the effect of, well this is not normally what we would do, but we will make an exception . I think less and less companies just say, Ok sorry, here you go. Don't know if it's the finances of the company or just some stratagy to keep customers away???

I didn't see a beach nearby..but I had read that you can take a bus to the seven mile beach.

Plenty of places to eat there. They will pick you up/drop you off at the same spot. There was a hard rock cafe, margaritaville, breezes, and several other restaurants.

You swim in the middle of the ocean.

Archived