Laundry

Hi Guys

Sailing on the IOS 9th may

I have searched for answers but can't find any

1. The tux hire, can i do it onboard? I know you can pre order it, but i am a funny shape, and if i go off my chest measurement it never fits me across the shoulders, so I would prefer for them to measure me and provide it on board.

2. I dont mind paying for it, but rather than have all my shirts ironed and my other suits pressed and dry cleaned before hand and packed correctly, can I just shove them in my case and get them cleaned and pressed on board

3. same with my shirts, on every holiday I have been on, no matter how I pack them after being ironed, they come out creased,

As I said I dont mind paying for the above, I just need to know If i just shove the lot in the case can i get it sorted on board?

Thanks for any help

P

I share you pain with packing and ending up with wrinkles. You can indeed get your clothes pressed. I have sent a couple of things to be pressed and they come back looking spectacular. I wash them, toss them in and then as soon as the cabin steward comes by to say "Hello" I sent them out to be pressed. The cost of pressing is very reasonable..although I can't remember the price (it's half the price of dry-cleaning). We haven't ever used the tux service. I can say that unless you are stuck on wearing a tux, your suit will be perfectly fine, and the majority in the MDR on formal night will be in a suit. Enjoy the cruise and freshly pressed clothes.

can I just shove them in my case and get them cleaned and pressed on board

My plan exactly. Pack dirty & wrinkled without care for being careful and as soon as we meet Cabin Attendant have them send out for overnight dry clean and press. Actually cheaper onboard than doing at home before we leave and it will be as fresh and crisp as possible. Hard to beat that. Especially for this cruise where ship will arrive a pier empty from dry dock and everything totally washed already (no bedding to turn over) so laundry will be not too busy to deliver by next day for first formal night.

If you really are an odd size, you might want to get measured and order in advance. While you can order on board, the on board supply may be limited. Most formal wear shops will measure for free [i assume they figure they get the return favor from out of town customers]. Usually the measurement card is pretty detailed so I wouldn't worry about them relying solely on the chest measurment.

If you order in advance and for any reason it doesn't fit, you still have the on board selection to choose from so you lose nothing by ordering in advance and may gain the advantage of having them bring along the odd size they wouldn't otherwise have.

Hi Guys

Sailing on the IOS 9th may

I have searched for answers but can't find any

2. I dont mind paying for it, but rather than have all my shirts ironed and my other suits pressed and dry cleaned before hand and packed correctly, can I just shove them in my case and get them cleaned and pressed on board

3. same with my shirts, on every holiday I have been on, no matter how I pack them after being ironed, they come out creased,

As I said I dont mind paying for the above, I just need to know If i just shove the lot in the case can i get it sorted on board?

Thanks for any help

P

Yes you can as others have said. Here's a price sheet:

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/en_US/pdf/LaundryPriceList.pdf

My plan exactly. Pack dirty & wrinkled without care for being careful and as soon as we meet Cabin Attendant have them send out for overnight dry clean and press. Actually cheaper onboard than doing at home before we leave and it will be as fresh and crisp as possible. Hard to beat that. Especially for this cruise where ship will arrive a pier empty from dry dock and everything totally washed already (no bedding to turn over) so laundry will be not too busy to deliver by next day for first formal night.

Thanks for your reply, this is exactly what I am after, Rather than dry clean my suits and press them before, and then worry about how they unpack , same with shirts, I would prefer to pay a bit extra and just bung my suits and shirts in a case and then unpack them as they are and send them off, I just wanted to make sure If i did do this I could get them sorted on board, last thing i want is to pack all my clothes full of wrinkles and find out i can't get them pressed on board

Archived