Inaccurate Cabin Availability on X website

Leo Jay

I've read various gripes about the X website's functionality, and about inaccurate or conflicting information provided, but I didn't realize that the cabin availability information wasn't even accurate!

We're sailing to Bermuda on Summit May 6, and though we're pretty happy with our AQ cabin selection on Deck 9, I've been checking stateroom availability on the website intermittently, just to see if anything else opens up that we're interested in. Today, I was surprised to check the AQ cabin availability and see our own cabin listed as still available! We transferred into our current cabin from our original choice on April 12. When I called, the rep confirmed that the website was in error, but it's annoying not to be able to check updated availability with any accuracy without speaking to a rep...:(

I've read various gripes about the X website's functionality, and about inaccurate or conflicting information provided, but I didn't realize that the cabin availability information wasn't even accurate!

We're sailing to Bermuda on Summit May 6, and though we're pretty happy with our AQ cabin selection on Deck 9, I've been checking stateroom availability on the website intermittently, just to see if anything else opens up that we're interested in. Today, I was surprised to check the AQ cabin availability and see our own cabin listed as still available! We transferred into our current cabin from our original choice on April 12. When I called, the rep confirmed that the website was in error, but it's annoying not to be able to check updated availability with any accuracy without speaking to a rep...:(

That happened with me also. I called And they removed it from the website as my concern was that the cabin would be double booked. Do you happen to know what it means when it says there are 3 more cabins in this category that are booked? There are a lot of AQ's on deck 9 and even though my cruise is a year and six months away the site only shows 3 available. I wonder if I should call to see if that is the case so that I can get a better cabin location.

That happened with me also. I called And they removed it from the website as my concern was that the cabin would be double booked. Do you happen to know what it means when it says there are 3 more cabins in this category that are booked? There are a lot of AQ's on deck 9 and even though my cruise is a year and six months away the site only shows 3 available. I wonder if I should call to see if that is the case so that I can get a better cabin location.

Thanks for the reply. No, I have no idea why they include that statement about additional cabins having been already booked - it seems obvious to me that at any given time there are additional cabins that have already been booked; seems odd... At least our cabin is no longer showing as available, but there's still no telling whether the website is now correct unless I call again (and that's assuming that the reps themselves have access to accurate information).

:(

Thanks for the 'heads up' on this! We've had a cabin waitlisted and a couple of others in mind so will definitely give =X= a call tomorrow & occasionally beyond to check. I've been checking the website for availabilty almost daily. I know there have been numerous cancellations & rebookings since the recent schedules + promo's were announced. Based on OP's post, guess there's a good chance that the =X= website isn't keeping up with the latest availability.:confused:

Archived