Meet N Mingle gift help

One time we did little snow globes with outline of state inside. But we worried about them breaking on way to the cruise. This time there is a tourist shop for Minnesota items at Mall of Amercia where we got some tea towls that have a local phrase on them and a pot holder with local theme. Both are unbreakable and light this time. Rule for our exchange was $10 or less.

Has your roll call set up any guidelines for the exchange? Usually it's for local items...or items your state is well known for...along with a price limit...ours was $10 as well...

We brought sunglasses (foster grants for men or women) and some cute napkins that said so many beaches...so little time...

Ours is a "Hometown" Gift Exchange, as well...

...as much as I'd love to, I can't bring Kansas City strip steaks! :)

But...we do a grab bag - perhaps a little bottle of BBQ sauce, something related to KC jazz, or a sports team....

If your Meet and Mingle group already decided on a gift exchange go with something from your state; cookbook, CD of local musician you like, etc.

Or you can buy cruise related items and place them in a small $1.00 tote that they can use while in port. A few items might be suntan lotion, first-aid kit, insect repellant, etc. You can also include maps that you printed at home of the ports you will be visiting along with things to see and do will in those ports.

On one cruise we participated in it had to be a local food item, ie- snacks, special potato chips, umm, local chocolates, cookies. (it was a long time ago :p )

Anther time we exchanged T-shirts, with something local on it (local sports team, etc)

Once time it could be anything under $10.00 so we brought a small bottle of our Maple Syrup.

i am doing a b2b in May on Allure and both meet and mingles are to be 10-15 dollars representing part of country you are from,easy for me cause of our maple syrup;)iam really looking forward to meeting all the people i have chatted with:D HAVE FUN:D

Sorry, this is all new to me... I did the Fish Extender gifts on DCL once. Is the meet & mingle exchange the same? Fish Extender gifts were one gift for each person involved, each night of the cruise. Or do you just bring one gift to exchange...like a Secret Santa?

This will be my first time participating in this event and I would like to bring a gift to exchange. I am not sure what everyone gives or what to put it in. So, can anyone post some ideas?

Thanks!

Has your group decided to do a gift exchange? I only ask because we had a HUGE group for our meet 'n mingle last September and only a few couples partook in the gift exchange....might have been because we were sailing out of Rome so weight restrictions were already an issue.

Sorry, this is all new to me... I did the Fish Extender gifts on DCL once. Is the meet & mingle exchange the same? Fish Extender gifts were one gift for each person involved, each night of the cruise. Or do you just bring one gift to exchange...like a Secret Santa?

Hey Lori,

Did my first Fish Extender on DCL last year- got me hooked. LOL! That's why I decided to start this thread, since this will be my first time trying this on RCI. Seems like as with Disney everyone here has been very helpful with suggestions. Unlike Disney from what I have figured out it's just one gift you have to bring, not one for each night of the cruise. Then you have to figure out what your Meet N Mingle theme is, looks like mine is just something local from my state and the amount (I think mine is $10- I need to go verify that on my group thread though, cause I am not sure.) :)

Please keep the ideas coming...see I am learning. :)

Has your group decided to do a gift exchange? I only ask because we had a HUGE group for our meet 'n mingle last September and only a few couples partook in the gift exchange....might have been because we were sailing out of Rome so weight restrictions were already an issue.

Yup, they are definitly doing one. You are only allowed to take a gift though if you bring one....honor system. :)

Great tips!

Archived