Carnival Imagination late seating 8:15, will we miss the shows?

poohbear60

We are first time cruisers on Carnival's Imagination in June. We chose the 8:15 dinner seating as we usually eat later. However, I have seen posts where there are no shows for those who eat at this time? Is this true? Would you experienced cruisers suggest changing the time or are there other things that you would recommend to do for after dinner? Thanks in advance for your help!

I cant speak if you will make the shows but I will ask why you dont choose anytime dining? this way you can play it by ear each day. if you review the daily activities and decide you want to go to a 9:00 show, you eat accordingly. if there is a day where there is nothing that interests you late at night, you eat for that..

each day you can review the itinerary and decide on a case by case basis

We've done late seating twice and never missed a production show, however, we often missed comedy times.

We just did anytime dining and won't be going back to set dining. The service was just as personal, faster, and we didn't miss any events we wanted to go to. Lots of things- from trivia, to comedy, to even a bean bag toss, get scheduled during dinner. You won't miss the "big event" but you might miss something. (Also- some nights on the Freedom it was hard to get a seat, as we came in quite close to the start time- slowest waiter EVER.)

We are first time cruisers on Carnival's Imagination in June. We chose the 8:15 dinner seating as we usually eat later. However, I have seen posts where there are no shows for those who eat at this time? Is this true? Would you experienced cruisers suggest changing the time or are there other things that you would recommend to do for after dinner? Thanks in advance for your help!

No you will not miss the shows. We always do late seating and have never missed one show. Sometimes the shows are before dinner but you will be able to see the showtimes for late and early seating shows. We also like late seating since we eat later at home and also feel like we are being rushed and too full for early seating. Anytime dining...been there...done that...hated it and never again.

Enjoy your late dinner and enjoy the shows.

Anytime dining...been there...done that...hated it and never again.

Can I ask what you hated about it? I've never done anytime, and I just don't think I want to. I wondered how that would affect the "showtime" each night in the dining room...where they sing and dance. They do still do that don't they? It's been a while since I've cruised, but that's one of my favorite parts of dinner.

I wondered how that would affect the "showtime" each night in the dining room...where they sing and dance. They do still do that don't they?

They do still do the dinner show for anytime. It is the same time everyday (twice, I think)- just ask, and you can plan to be there then.

Our friends loved the show, so we always planned to be there for it. What was nice though is that we could come in anytime around it- it might be the beginning, middle, or end of our dinner- so it was still at our leisure.

Archived