OBC From Early Saver

gooberpea17

About how far out from your cruise date did you start seeing the rates dropping from your early saver rate? I check rates almost every day, which drives me crazy. Just trying to get a good approximation as to when folks started seeing the fares drop. Sailing in September....long way to go.

Theres no rhyme or reason to the timing of price drops nor do they always occur. Its just a formula they use to keep the bookings coming in whenever they feel the bookings for any paticular cruise are lagging more than normal based on historical average.

I saw some small ones here and there ($20-40 per cabin) periodically. Then about 6 weeks out, more drops, moved up to a balcony, then another $100. In the end, my balcony cost less than my original price for the ocean view.

Some people say to check multiple times per day because they say prices change, but up until a few weeks out, when it started selling out, I did not notice that much fluctuation. And I did check multiple times per day. Personally I would check atleast daily until a month or two out and then more often. But thats just my experience. Your mileage may vary.

Booked in November. Just happen to have the dates and amounts on a post it not on my computer so it is easy to see the latest per person cruise fare. I also got the same price drops for my Sister's Balcony, I told her she has to buy me a DOD very day, since I got her so much OBC.

Had price drops on the Interior Room;

2-1 $5

2-16 $15

2-24 $10

2-28 $70

3-19 $160

3-21 $50

For a total of $620 ($310 per person) off of my final payment. Went from $1199 to $889

Had price drops for the Balcony room;

2-28 $25

3-18 $75

3-18 (again on the same day) $40

3-19 $10

3-28 $ 50

3-30 $30

4-10 $ 60

For a total of $595.78 OBC (I had already paid this room off, thinking I would never see a price drop on a Balcony) Went from $1699 to $1409

Needless to say I try to check several times a day. Do not want to take any chances of missing a price drop. LOVE EARLY SAVER!!!

First cruise July'10 not one drop.. rate only went up up up, which was fine as we booked early enough to get a great ES rate. This year we've had a few small drops due to the latest summer sales, and past guest. Two were just prior to final payment and the last one was a week ago. So the short answer is about 21/2 months out.

Booked ES last September for a early June cruise and not one price drop for me!

most cabins have now sold.

Some savings were to be had by military/senior and past guests but biggest saving was for "your State" which wiped about a third off the price so am sure some got a good saving advantage from the sale,not me though:rolleyes:

Den

About how far out from your cruise date did you start seeing the rates dropping from your early saver rate? I check rates almost every day, which drives me crazy. Just trying to get a good approximation as to when folks started seeing the fares drop. Sailing in September....long way to go.

I am also cruising in September and our ES rates have only gone up so far

Ok someone help me please.... I am going on the legend in 39 days (woohoo)..... I have seen one price drop that gave me a total of $140 OBC.... should I now be looking for price drops from the original amount I paid or from the amount that is listed in my cruise docs now?

Thanks!

Ok someone help me please.... I am going on the legend in 39 days (woohoo)..... I have seen one price drop that gave me a total of $140 OBC.... should I now be looking for price drops from the original amount I paid or from the amount that is listed in my cruise docs now?

Thanks!

It has to be from the amount listed on your cruise documents "now" I should think because if the price drop remained at the lower price you could claim against your original higher cost and keep claimimng as fast as you could fill out the claim forms:D

Den

Really depends on how the cruise is selling. We usually see a drop right after final payment if there are plenty of cabins still available.

I booked last July for this July upcoming cruise (Early Saver). No price drops for almost 9 months. Toward the end of March and until actually today (April 25), we have had 6 price drops. Since 2 of them have been after final payment was made, that means 2 are OBC. Here are the drops for an 8C Balcony on the Empress Deck on the Conquest for 3. Listed is cruise price only, no gov. fees or taxes. I check several times a day. Hope this helps.

2417 - An OBC was applied from this price drop.

2397 - An OBC is pending as I just submitted today.

This is a total of $570 in price drops in a month, and we have 9 1/2 more weeks until cruising. WOO HOO. Just keep checking. I will until 2 days before cruise.

:):p:D:cool:

We booked ES for our July 16th cruise. Last week the price dropped $60 for our balcony cabin for 4 and this week the price dropped another $70. I've gotten credit for both price drops and my final payment is due in three weeks so I'm hoping for some OBC too!!!

Archived